You can cook Salsa Ole using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Salsa Ole
- It’s 8 large of roma tomatoes.
- You need 3 large of jalapeno peppers.
- Prepare 1 large of oniin.
- You need 1 head of garlic.
- You need 1/4 bunch of fresh cilantro.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sea salt.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cumin (comino).
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried rosemary leaves.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried basil leaves.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried marjoram leaves.
- You need 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of onion powder.
Salsa Ole step by step
- Wash vegetables, remove stems and peel onion and garlic.
- cut vegetables in half placing them in a large sauce pan, cover with water..
- Bring vegetables to a boil, then simmer 10 minutes or intil all vegetables are soft..
- Place vegetables into a colonder and let them cool for 20 minutes. Peel tomatoes if preferred..
- Place cooled vegetables into a food processer with the chopping blade inserted..
- Pulse for a few seconds to blend..
- Add cilantro (no stems) and pulse for a few seconds until it's the consistency you want. Pour into mixing bowl..
- Add spices ( rubbing the dried ones between your fingers) then mix until blended throughly..
- Add lemon juice and blend..
- This tecipe makes just about 1 quart of salsa. You can place in a canning type jar (as pictured) cover it and make sure it's completely cool before placing in refrigerator..
- *NOTE* YOU must use this salsa within a few weeks. If you want to store it longee, omit the onion you can add onion later as you use it. It will last a few months without the onion. It must be refrigerated though. You can also adjust the heat by leaving the jalapenos out and adding them seperately for those who like it spicy. If you seed the jalapenos it will remove most of the heat as well.