Tater Tot Casserole. You may have a Tater Tot Casserole before and chances are you were less than impressed. There are so many variations out there but I truly believe that this one is the best. Frozen tater tots, Cheddar cheese, ground beef, and cream of mushroom soup combine for a comfort food classic in this recipe.
Tater tot hotdish, or any "hotdish" recipe for that matter, is a simple casserole with a few main components. This TATER TOT CASSEROLE RECIPE is pure comfort food and it's one of the easier ways to get my kiddos to eat their veggies! This tater tot casserole with veggies is a hit in my house…yes, even. You can have Tater Tot Casserole using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tater Tot Casserole
- It’s 1 lb of Ground Beef.
- It’s 1 lb of Tater Tots.
- It’s 1 large of Onion.
- Prepare 2 can of Cream of Mushroom Soup.
- You need 1 can of Milk.
- You need 2 cup of Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
- You need 1 of Salt.
- It’s 1 of Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Smoked Paprika.
- Prepare 1 of Garlic Salt.
This Tater Tot Casserole from Delish.com is the best! This casserole is a total guilty pleasure. If you're trying to lighten it up, ground turkey or chicken would be a delicious swap out for the beef. This cheesy Tater Tot casserole is perfect to whip together when time before supper is short.
Tater Tot Casserole instructions
- Pre heat oven to 375°.
- Brown the beef in a large skillet, season with salt and pepper. You may add garlic salt as well.
- Roughly chop onion, then sautee.
- Mix the cream of mushroom soup, 1-1/2 cups of cheese. Add 1 can of milk (use the can from the cream of mushroom soup).
- Add beef, and onions to the cream of mushroom soup mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Add smoked paprika, stir 10 times.
- Add frozen tater tots to the mixture.
- Pour everything into a 11×13 baking dish.
- Top the casserole with the remaining cheese.
- Cover casserole with tin foil and cook for 45 minutes.
- After cooking for 45 minutes remove tin foil and bake another 45-60 minutes. (This cook time is high but remember the cooking temperature is pretty low for a tater tot casserole).
- After cooking remove from oven and let it sit for 5 minutes. Then enjoy :).
Ingredients like crispy tots and zippy ranch dressing mix make it family friendly and extra comforting. Tater Tot Casserole is a quick and easy casserole that is classically made using cream of chicken/cream of mushroom soups. While I could've used our homemade versions for chicken and. An easy recipe for Tater Tot Casserole, from scratch! Mix ground beef and green beans with creamy homemade soup (made with milk, not cream!), top with frozen hash browns, and bake to crispy.