Cheesy Chicken and Bacon Hot Dish.
You can cook Cheesy Chicken and Bacon Hot Dish using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheesy Chicken and Bacon Hot Dish
- Prepare 2 cups of chicken.
- Prepare of Bacon as preferred.
- Prepare 1 cup of onion.
- Prepare 1-3 cups of mixed vegetables as preferred.
- Prepare 2 cans of condensed cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 1 cup of plain yogurt.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk or as needed.
- You need 1-2 cups of shredded cheddar.
- It’s 1 lb of tater tots.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- Prepare of Sage.
Cheesy Chicken and Bacon Hot Dish instructions
- Prepare and cut all products. Cube chicken into bite sized pieces. Dice onions..
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F..
- Cook bacon until slightly crispy. Place aside. Keep oil in pan..
- Fry onions in bacon grease about 5 minutes. Add butter for a richer flavor if desired. Feel free to caramelize if desired, about 15 minutes. Carefully strain onions from pan, keeping as much grease as possible..
- Fry chicken in bacon/onion grease. Season as desired with salt, pepper, and sage..
- In a large bowl, mix vegetables, onion, yogurt, bacon, chicken, and condensed soup. Add milk slowly until very creamy. Add cheese..
- Place mixture into ceramic or glass dish. I used four personal sized ceramic dishes. One large dish is fine but will need 5-10 extra minutes in oven..
- Cover mixture evenly with tater tots..
- Bake 40 minutes or until crispy on top..