Dill Pickle SOUP. The surprise of dill pickles in this easy, savory soup with a chicken broth base makes it a novelty dish worth trying. This creamy Polish dill pickle soup recipe is common in Eastern Europe where pickling is a This recipe for Polish creamy dill pickle soup or zupa ogórkowa (ZOO-pah oh-goorr-KOH-vah) is the. I told the husband I was making Dill Pickle Soup for supper today.
Stir in cheese, pickles and pickle juice. This Dill Pickle Soup (or "Zupa Ogorkowa" in Polish) is the most popular Polish soup of them all. Here, you will find a traditional Polish recipe for pickle soup. You can cook Dill Pickle SOUP using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dill Pickle SOUP
- Prepare of chicken broth.
- Prepare of pickles.
- You need of potatoes (diced or grated).
- It’s of butter.
- Prepare of sour cream.
- You need of flour.
For some, it may sound strange. Pickle soup is a style of soup prepared with various types of pickled vegetables. Dill pickle soup is a variety of pickle soup prepared with pickled cucumber. Some versions use grated dill pickle in their preparation.
Dill Pickle SOUP step by step
- Add chicken broth, butter, and potatoes to a large pot and boil for about 10 minutes..
- While it’s boiling, mix together sour cream, flour, and half cup of pickle juice in a large bowl. Make sure it’s runny and not thick or it will make flour balls..
- Add 1.5 cups of chopped pickles to the pot and then add the flour mixture while stirring. Keep lightly boiling for another ten minutes..
- Add two cups of pickle juice (pretty much what’s left of the two jars) and some cracked pepper to the pot. Add cayenne pepper if you want it spicy..
- Let cool and top with fresh chopped pickles..
I first heard about Dill Pickle Soup here on my friend Cathy's amazingly delicious blog, The Noble Pig. And she told me that my aunt used to rave about a Dill Pickle Soup that her husband's mother. Amazing Polish Dill Pickle Soup Recipe – A creamy potato soup with tangy pickles speckled throughout. This is pure Polish comfort food! This soup is made from a century-old Swiss recipe.