Dill Pickle Soup. The surprise of dill pickles in this easy, savory soup with a chicken broth base makes it a novelty dish worth trying. This creamy Polish dill pickle soup recipe is common in Eastern Europe where pickling is a This recipe for Polish creamy dill pickle soup or zupa ogórkowa (ZOO-pah oh-goorr-KOH-vah) is the. I told the husband I was making Dill Pickle Soup for supper today.
Stir in cheese, pickles and pickle juice. This Dill Pickle Soup (or "Zupa Ogorkowa" in Polish) is the most popular Polish soup of them all. Here, you will find a traditional Polish recipe for pickle soup. You can cook Dill Pickle Soup using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dill Pickle Soup
- You need of butter.
- Prepare of finely chopped white onion.
- Prepare of dry white wine.
- It’s of plus 1 tablespoon all purpose flour.
- Prepare of water.
- Prepare of dill pickle juice ( from the pickle jar).
- You need of dried dill weed, crushed.
- It’s of heavy cream or whipping cream or milk.
- It’s of salt and white pepper to taste.
- It’s of dill pickle, cut Julienne.
For some, it may sound strange. Pickle soup is a style of soup prepared with various types of pickled vegetables. Dill pickle soup is a variety of pickle soup prepared with pickled cucumber. Some versions use grated dill pickle in their preparation.
Dill Pickle Soup instructions
- in a large soup or stcl pot, over medium heat melt butter.
- add onion and cook until soft..
- add wine and continue to cook until almost all liquid evaporates..
- reduce heat to low and whisk in flour ( do not let it brown) until it os combined..
- add water and pickle juice, whisking or stirrring into the flour mixture..
- bring just to a slow boil, stirring constantly, until soup slightly thickens..
- add dill weed..
- stir in cream, season with salt n white pepper..
- remove from heat..
- serve in bowl and garnish with Julienne dill pickles.
I first heard about Dill Pickle Soup here on my friend Cathy's amazingly delicious blog, The Noble Pig. And she told me that my aunt used to rave about a Dill Pickle Soup that her husband's mother. Amazing Polish Dill Pickle Soup Recipe – A creamy potato soup with tangy pickles speckled throughout. This is pure Polish comfort food! This soup is made from a century-old Swiss recipe.