You can cook Fettuccine Alfredo using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fettuccine Alfredo
- Prepare of fettuccine.
- It’s of butter.
- It’s of garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- It’s of flour.
- You need of milk.
- It’s of heavy cream.
- You need of grated Parmesan cheese, 2 cups and a 1/2 cup.
- Prepare of cream cheese.
- Prepare of kosher salt.
- Prepare of chopped parsley.
- You need of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of Grilled chicken or shrimp (Optional).
Fettuccine Alfredo step by step
- Cook the Fettuccine according to package directions..
- In a medium sauce pan melt the butter over medium heat..
- Add the finely chopped garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Do not brown..
- Stir in flour..
- Slowly add the milk and cream stirring with a whisk..
- Simmering lightly Cook 15 minutes stirring constantly with a wooden spoon or high temperature spatula..
- Add 2 cup of the Parmesan cheese, cream cheese and kosher salt. Stir with a wooden spoon or high temperature spatula while cheeses melt..
- Mix the sauce with the hot pasta, and add in the remaining remaining 1/2 cup of Parmesan,chopped parsley and ground black pepper..
- We added 12 ounces of grilled chicken as we tossed the hot pasta in step 8 and we also have used grilled shrimp. :).