Fettuccine Alfredo with Mushrooms.
You can have Fettuccine Alfredo with Mushrooms using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fettuccine Alfredo with Mushrooms
- It’s of Mushrooms.
- It’s of olive oil.
- It’s of small pack white or brown button mushrooms.
- You need of garlic (minced).
- It’s of shallots (minced).
- You need of dried herb de Provence.
- Prepare of or 2 pinches of kosher salt.
- You need of mixed peppercorn (ground).
- Prepare of Pasta.
- You need of fettuccine (dried).
- You need of medium pot water.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of Alfredo Sauce.
- Prepare of unsalted butter.
- It’s of parmegiano regiano (finely grated).
- Prepare of pasta water.
Fettuccine Alfredo with Mushrooms step by step
- Heat up a pan on high heat and add 1 tbsp olive oil. Wait for oil to shine and shimmer..
- Add mushrooms and saute on high heat for about 5 to 7 minutes to release it's water. Leave and toss every 60 seconds to get color. Increase heat if released water is not evaporating instantly..
- Once mushrooms start to shrink, lower heat to medium and add minced shallots. Add a tbsp more oil if the pan seems too dry..
- Saute shallots until translucent, then add minced garlic and herbs. Season to taste with kosher salt and ground mixed peppercorns..
- Saute and toss for about 60 seconds and set pan aside..
- Start cooking the pasta. You can do this concurrently with mushrooms if the dried pasta takes roughly the same time (~10 mins). Add water and 2 tsp salt into a medium pot and set to high heat..
- Once it starts to boil, add in pasta and cook based on packaging. Do not undercook as the finishing steps later are off the heat..
- While waiting for pasta to cook, add 2 tbsp butter and half (2 tbsp) of the finely grated parmegiano regiano into the pan of mushrooms..
- Once pasta is done, taste a strand to make sure it's al dente. Use tongs to lift pasta and immediately transfer to pan of mushrooms. Do not strain or lift pasta up to drain before transfer..
- Add the remaining half (2 tbsp) of parmegiano regiano and mix. If it seems too dry, add 2 to 4 tbsp pasta water or more..
- Transfer to dish and serve..