Carrot zucchini blueberry muffins. Carrot Zucchini Muffins are made with whole wheat flour and oatmeal! They are the perfect healthy breakfast recipe! These carrot zucchini muffins are a great breakfast to feed our children (and ourselves).
These easy blueberry zucchini muffins are naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup instead of sugar, making them taste just like a blueberry pancake. Fold zucchini, carrots, and blueberries into batter. I also like to make this as muffin cookies. You can have Carrot zucchini blueberry muffins using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carrot zucchini blueberry muffins
- You need of zucchini.
- Prepare of carrot.
- You need of vanilla extract.
- You need of almond extract.
- Prepare of fat free Greek yogurt.
- You need of egg.
- You need of zest of 1 lemon.
- You need of almond milk.
- Prepare of whole wheat flour.
- You need of finely ground almonds (or almond meal).
- Prepare of Splenda (or sugar).
- It’s of each, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon.
- It’s of salt.
You will love this delicious Carrot & Zucchini Muffins recipe. They are perfect as a snack, an easy carry-along breakfast, or even as dessert. For the fourth recipe in "Zucchini Week", I decided to try a random one I found online for breakfast this week. Healthy carrot muffins made with whole wheat flour, coconut oil and maple syrup!
Carrot zucchini blueberry muffins instructions
- Prepare large 12 muffin tin by lining it with muffin cups and spraying inside with cooking spray( it's important to spray it as the muffins stick). Preheat oven to 350.
- Great carrot and zucchini into a large bowl and add all wet ingredients, up to almond milk.
- In a separate bowl with a wire wisk mix together all dry ingredients (besides nuts for topping), or you can sift it.
- Now add dry ingredients to wet and mix just until combined. Do not overmix. At the end fold in blueberries..
- Spoon about 1/4cup of batter into each cup, top it with sprinkle of seeds or nuts, I used pumpkin seeds and into the oven. They bake quite long, about 40min. Cool on wire rack, Enjoy!.
They taste fantastic, too, of course. These muffins make a great, quick breakfast! I had some blueberries that needed to be used, so I threw those in; otherwise, I followed the recipe exactly and they were delicious! These muffins have a base of whole wheat flour and get their moisture and flavor from three types of produce. Combine that with low added sugar and protein from eggs and milk and you have a healthy muffin for kids that's great any time of the day.