Healthy Banana-Blueberry Muffins. Healthy banana blueberry muffins recipe that actually tastes good! Made with whole grains, naturally sweet bananas and are low in calories! Most importantly though, they taste great!
While gathering ingredients for these vegan banana blueberry muffins… Erik and I've recently had a ridiculous time hunting down fresh, tasty and, well, non-spoiled blueberries. They're also about as healthy as muffins can be. The recipe calls for basic ingredients and you can mix them all together in one bowl. You can cook Healthy Banana-Blueberry Muffins using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Healthy Banana-Blueberry Muffins
- Prepare of oats quick – cooking rolled (not instant).
- You need of all-purpose flour.
- You need of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare of sugar granulated.
- Prepare of flax seed ground.
- It’s of baking powder.
- It’s of baking soda.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of flax seeds whole.
- It’s of bananas , mashed (3 large).
- It’s of butter , melted.
- You need of egg large.
- You need of vanilla extract.
- You need of blueberries fresh or frozen.
- Prepare of Raspberries.
These muffins are a derivative of my super popular banana bread and pumpkin muffin recipes. If you love these, you certainly don't miss the blueberry muffins in my. While I know many of you have been in the new school If we weren't living out of a hotel right now, I'd have these healthy and delicious muffins waiting for them as an after-school snack (we'll have to settle for. Plenty of people have their own go-to muffin recipe, but this light, moist rendition from Ellen O'Hara of Westwood, Massachusetts is hard to beat.
Healthy Banana-Blueberry Muffins step by step
- Preheat your oven to 375°F/ 180°C.
- Prepare a 12 cup muffin tray by spraying with some cooking spray. Set aside..
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well and set aside..
- In another medium sized bowl, mix all the wet ingredients i.e mashed bananas, butter, one egg and Vanilla Extract.
- Fold in the wet banana mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until all the dry ingredients have been well moistened..
- Now gently fold in the blueberries. I prefer the fresh blueberries, but frozen ones work just fine..
- Equally divide the batter among 12 muffin cups..
- Bake them for approximately 20minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. (well, we know the drill right). Once done cool them on a wire rack..
I love to make this healthy muffin recipe on the weekend to store and serve for quick breakfasts and snacks throughout the week. They store extremely well in the fridge and are great either served chilled or slightly warmed up. This simple, delicious Healthy Blueberry Banana Muffins recipe is sure to create the best blueberry muffins you've ever had! Made with whole wheat flour, cinnamon, and fresh blueberries, these treats are moist, healthy, and perfectly fluffy. These banana blueberry oat muffins are hearty, healthy, and delicious, and freezable for a quick and easy breakfast any day of the week.