Nonno's zucchini bread. Zucchini Recipe by our Italian Grandmas Fresh zucchini picked from Nonno's garden can be used in so may ways in Nonna's kitchen. Here a a selection of Zucchini Recipes for you to have fun with. This is the way my family in Italy dries their zucchini.
The Late Show with Stephen Colbert Recommended for you. New It is banana bread and zucchini bread mixed together in equal parts and baked into a loaf. It is pretty good and can be argued might be healthier. You can have Nonno's zucchini bread using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Nonno's zucchini bread
- You need 2 loaf of pans.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of oil.
- It’s 2 1/2 of – 3 cups sugar.
- Prepare 3 cup of grated zucchini.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 3 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 3 tsp of cinnamon.
The Best Italian recipes by Italian grandmothers representing the culinary traditions of the different regions of Italy! Where do you find the most authentic and traditional Italian Recipes? Enjoy our Grandma's files for the most Original and Traditional Italian Food and Cuisine. In the past, my hesitation to make zucchini bread was that I thought it would be both a pain and time consuming to shred the zucchini.
Nonno's zucchini bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour pans..
- With mixer on low speed beat eggs till light and fluffy. Add oil, sugar, zucchini and vanilla. Mix well..
- In large bowl mix/sift dry ingredients together..
- Slowly add egg mixture to dry ingredients, stirring slowly and gently until all ingredient are mixed together well..
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake approximately 45 minutes to an hour or until toothpick test comes out clean..
- Cool on wire rack. When cooled remove from pan..
- This is a friend's family recipe, from the Scotti family from Ponza..
It took less than three minutes to grate the entire zucchini. I used the larger holes on a cheese grater and grated it directly in the large bowl I used for the recipe. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Stuffed Eggplant. a great Sunday meal alternative in Puglia. PS: This Video Recipe is now available on the Cooking with Nonna TV Channels available on: Roku TV, Apple TV, Amazon Fire and Android.