Sweet & Tangy Homemade Cucumber Pickles. Their best known line-up consisted of lead vocalist Brian Connolly, bass player Steve Priest, guitarist Andy Scott, and drummer. Their best known line-up consisted of lead vocalist Brian Connolly, bass player Steve Priest. Among its members were Mick Tucker. Последние твиты от Sweet (@sweet).
You can cook Sweet & Tangy Homemade Cucumber Pickles using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet & Tangy Homemade Cucumber Pickles
- You need of pickling cucumbers (sliced into desired shapes).
- Prepare of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare of white vinegar.
- It’s of water.
- You need of large sweet onion.
- You need of garlic cloves crushed or finely diced.
- It’s of pickling spice.
- You need of sugar (white).
- Prepare of brown sugar.
- Prepare of mustard seed.
- You need of celery seed.
- It’s of sea salt.
- You need of whole peppercorns (about 8-10 for each jar).
- It’s of bay leaves (2 for each jar).
- It’s of cinnamon sticks (2 for each jar).
- You need of fresh dill (2-3 for each jar).
Sweet & Tangy Homemade Cucumber Pickles instructions
- Mix all dry ingredients (brown sugar, sea salt, sugar, pickling mix, mustard & celery seed) together thoroughly in a mixing bowl and mix the liquid ingredients (water, white vinegar, & apple cider vinegar) together in a separate bowl or pitcher. Leave aside bay leaves, cinnamon sticks, dill sprigs, peppercorns, garlic, and onion..
- Now, Place your pickles in your jars, leaving an inch at the top, and layering the garlic and onions in between them. Then, place your bay leaves, cinnamon sticks, and dill along the sides of the jar and in any spaces in between that you can squeeze them. Once everything is snug in the jars, evenly distribute the dry seasoning mixture between all of the Mason jars. Next, mix and evenly distribute the liquid mixture to all of the jars. (may need to add additional vinegar to top off the jars).
- Finally, shake up the jar well and place in the refrigerator to soak up the brine. Shake the jar every day or every other day to help evenly soak up the mixture. You can eat them after a week but after a month or more they are best! These were delicious! And you can tell which are the sweet ones by the pretty purple colors! 💜 Enjoy!.