Dilly-Dilly Dill Pickles.
You can cook Dilly-Dilly Dill Pickles using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dilly-Dilly Dill Pickles
- You need of (6-8 lg) pickling cucumbers.
- You need of Apple cider vinegar.
- It’s of water.
- Prepare of sugar.
- You need of sea salt.
- Prepare of whole brown mustard seed.
- It’s of whole peppercorns.
- It’s of Fresh Dill.
- You need of Dill weed.
- Prepare of minced garlic.
- You need of crushed red pepper (or other pepper if you like it hotter! I used all kinds!).
Dilly-Dilly Dill Pickles instructions
- In a medium sauce pan, stir in vinegar, water, sugar, salt, mustard seed and peppercorns. Bring to a slight boil and reduce heat to simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove and let cool for about 20 minutes..
- Using maybe 3 large jars, slice or coin your cucumbers however you like. Fill each jar to 1/2. Then add some garlic, dill weed, a couple sprigs of fresh dill, and any pepper spices you are using. Repeat to fill the jars..
- Using a funnel, pour the brine into each jar adding an equal amount of the peppercorns and mustard seed to each. Make sure you fill to the very top..
- Tighten cap on top of each jar tightly and place into refrigerator. For best results, let them sit for a couple days before eating..