birria de (borrego, chivo, rez).
You can have birria de (borrego, chivo, rez) using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of birria de (borrego, chivo, rez)
- Prepare 4 lb of lamb,goat,or beef in large chunks.
- You need 1 large of can of chipotle chiles.
- Prepare 8 of California chile pods.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 large of onion cut in quarters.
- You need 5 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 of salt to taste.
birria de (borrego, chivo, rez) instructions
- in a large pot place meat and onion and fill 3/4 full with water and cook on med-high for about 2 hrs or until meat is tender enough to fall apart.
- place chile pods in sauce pan with water and cook till tender.
- in blender add chile pods, garlic, chipotle chiles and enough water to blend smoothly.
- add salsa to pot straining seeds through metal strainer if you like..
- add bay leaves and let simmer another hr or so to let flavors absorb into the meat..
- when serving kinda shred the meat on the plate and add chopped cilantro and onion . You can also serve the consomé with chopped onion cilantro and lime juice..