You can have Sig's Gazpacho using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sig's Gazpacho
- Prepare of best whole plum tomatoes (400gr).
- It’s of passata ( tomatoes purred, juice like, not concentrate from tube).
- Prepare of courgettes (zucchini ).
- Prepare of vegetable oil.
- You need of cloves smoked garlic.
- It’s of of water.
- It’s of each smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, dried basil, wild garlic, salt or salt substitute.
- Prepare of canned anchovy filets optional.
- It’s of Add a little balsamic vinegar ..
Sig's Gazpacho instructions
- Put your passata and canned tomatoes into a pan..
- Cut the garlic into very fine cubes or mince in press.
- Either use the zucchini peeled or unpeeled . Cut a way one half and set aside . Cut the other 2 1/2 into small cubes ..
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan and semi soften the cubed zucchini and garlic , do not let them get soggy or burn.
- Preheat oven , slice the the set aside zucchini into fine strips. Put them on a baking tray and dry them in the oven. Do not bake them brown. Add the can of water to the tomato mixture. ( I use the emptied can of tomatoes for measuring this).
- Heat the tomato mix gently through, add a few drops of balsamic vinegar. Add halve of the softened cubed zucchini and garlic and the two anchovy filets if using them to the soup and blend into a smooth soup, then add the other halve of cubed zucchini and garlic, leaving them intact, into the blended soup, season with all the spices, herbs and salt until a taste to your liking is established. I like mine with quite a bit of spicey heat..
- Garnish with the dried zucchini . You can add one or two ice cubes if eating this cold but you can eat this hot . I prefer it chilled on a hot day..