Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwiches & Sliders.
You can cook Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwiches & Sliders using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwiches & Sliders
- You need of large green tomatoes.
- It’s of eggs.
- It’s of bread crumbs, flour, or desired coating for frying.
- You need of Cooked bacon.
- It’s of Fresh lettuce, spinach, or desired crisper veggie for sandwich.
- It’s of Bread slices (lightly toasted).
- It’s of Mini slider buns (lightly toasted).
- You need of Dried chopped onion.
- You need of Sea salt.
- It’s of Garlic powder.
- Prepare of Black pepper (ground).
- It’s of Seasoning Salt.
- Prepare of Miracle Whip or Mayonnaise.
- Prepare of Optional Ingredients:.
- Prepare of grated parmesan.
- Prepare of medium red onion.
- Prepare of Swiss cheese.
Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwiches & Sliders instructions
- Begin to heat grease for deep frying in deep pot or pan, deep fryer, or crockpot. Meanwhile, in small to medium sized bowl combine bread crumbs, seasonings, chopped onion, (and grated parmesan if desired) and Mix well. In separate small bowl crack and mix up eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper to prepare for breading. Wash tomatoes (and red onion if frying that also) and slice into half inch thick slices..
- Dip veggies, one at a time, first into egg mixture and flip a few times until completely coated. Next, immediately plunge the egg covered veggie in the breading mixture and cover completely. Then drop into frying oil right away. Fry until golden brown..
- Place deep fried veggies on a paper towel layered plate or tray to let the grease drain and begin to rinse lettuce and grab any other toppings you desire (such as swiss cheese! 😉).
- Add Miracle Whip or Mayonnaise to Toasted Bread and stack Your Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomatoes! Here you can also add your swiss cheese and sweet onion rings as extra add-ons to your BLT sandwich or you can enjoy them as an onion rings side dish! Or Both!.
- I also had some mini slider buns so I made them up for the kiddos! Even my picky child that doesn't like tomatoes scarfed these down and asked me to make them again! These were delicious!.