Fried Green Tomatoes.
You can have Fried Green Tomatoes using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fried Green Tomatoes
- Prepare of Green Tomatoes.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Panko Breadcrumbs.
- Prepare of Plain Breadcrumbs.
- You need of AP Flour.
- Prepare of egg.
- You need of Vegetable Oil.
- Prepare of Ketchup.
Fried Green Tomatoes instructions
- Wash and slice tomatoes into 1/4 inch rounds. Discard ends. Put 1/4 inch of Vegetable Oil in deep skillet..
- Put AP Flour in one bowl, egg (whisked with a tiny amount of water) in one bowl, and mixed breadcrumbs in another bowl. Salt and Pepper the flour and breadcrumbs to taste..
- Coat tomatoes in flour, shake off, coat in egg, shake off, and coat in breadcrumbs. Place on cookie cooling rack over a dish to catch excess breading. Let sit while oil is heating..
- Heat oil until sizzles when breadcrumbs drop in. Fry tomatoes, turning as needed until golden/deep brown color is achieved..
- Enjoy! Serve with ketchup if desired.