simple fried green tomatoes. I recall being served fried tomatoes for breakfast once, but they weren't green. Curious as usual, we found some big green tomatoes at the farmer's market last weekend and just had to try these fried green tomatoes. Green tomatoes are lightly coated in cornmeal and fried to a perfect light brown crispness.
The recipe is so simple, but the results are delicious! How to Make Simple Fried Green Tomatoes. Make sure to choose unripe green tomatoes (ones that haven't yet turned red) and not tomatillos or heirloom tomatoes, like Green Zebras, that remain. You can cook simple fried green tomatoes using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of simple fried green tomatoes
- It’s of green tomatoes.
- It’s of eggs.
- Prepare of milk.
- It’s of jiffy mix or flour.
- Prepare of parsley.
- It’s of creole seasoning.
- It’s of oil.
Long before "Fried Green Tomatoes" was a feature film, it was a culinary staple in my household while growing up. I actually didn't start eating them until I became a preteen, saw the movie and got curious of how they tasted Southern Fried Green Tomatoes Recipe. Fried green tomatoes are a true Southern classic food. They are even so popular that there are a book and a movie named after them.
simple fried green tomatoes step by step
- heat oil in skillet.
- slice tomatoes 1/2" thick.
- in a mixing bowl add the eggs, milk, and jiffy mix. stir until climps are gone. (if the batter is too runny add more jiffy mix, if batter is too thick add more milk), add parsely and creole seasoning. stir..
- once oil is hot, dip tomatoes in batter covering completely. let cook until golden brown flip..
- get a plate cover it with paper towel. put fried tomatoes onto paper towel, let cool. enjoy!.
But to truly enjoy these delicious treats, you need fantastic green tomato recipes. Make delicious, classic Southern Fried Green Tomatoes fast with this easy recipe! Crispy on the outside and tender in the middle, these Fried Green Tomatoes are addictive! Serve them as an appetizer, a party snack or make them the main attraction piled high on a BLT! Fried green tomatoes are a side dish usually found in the Southern United States, made from unripe (green) tomatoes coated with cornmeal and fried.‹See TfM›.