Slow Cooker Eggplant Parmesan. Place eggplant on paper towel-lined baking sheet and sprinkle each piece with salt. Spread about a third of the sauce in the bottom of a slow cooker. Mist inside of slow cooker with cooking spray.
I made this Eggplant Parmesan Recipe in my Slow Cooker. I was a little apprehensive about how it was going to turn out, but this is one of those Slow Cooker. Place in the bottom of slow cooker. You can cook Slow Cooker Eggplant Parmesan using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Eggplant Parmesan
- Prepare of Medium to Large Eggplants.
- You need of Large Eggs.
- You need of Milk.
- It’s of Breadcrumbs.
- You need of Parmesan Cheese.
- It’s of Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare of Ground Oregano.
- You need of Ground Parsley.
- You need of Ground Basil.
- Prepare of jar of No/Low Sodium Tomato Sauce.
- It’s of Mozzarella Cheese.
Eggplant parmesan is one of those great Italian comfort foods—a layered casserole much like lasagna but with slices of globe One of the best Eggplant Parmesan dishes I've eaten. My husband did not see me make the dish so when he got in from work. Slow Cooker Eggplant Parmesan recipe: Perfect eggplant parm without the hassle of frying! Spread about a third of the sauce in the bottom of a slow cooker.
Slow Cooker Eggplant Parmesan step by step
- Peel eggplant and slice as thin as possible. Rinse the slices of Eggplant in a colander, then let sit for about 30 minutes. Rinse again and pat dry..
- Put a slow cooker liner in your slow cooker. This will help the clean-up immensely. You will thank me later..
- Pour a cup of the tomato sauce on the bottom of the slow cooker..
- Whisk the eggs and milk together in a bowl. Place a few of the slices of eggplant into the eggs. In another bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and the seasonings together..
- Take the slices of eggplant in the egg mixture and then dip into the breadcrumb mixture. After you take the slices out of breadcrumbs, put on top of the sauce. Put about a third of the slices on the bottom of the slow cooker..
- Put a cup of tomato sauce on top of the eggplant and about a handful of the cheese. Repeat this process until you use up all of the eggplant and sauce, then top it off with the remaining cheese..
- Cook on low for 6 hours, then check to see how well it is cooked. Add another hour or two if it is not done to how you like it. For me, I did it for 7 hours total and it was the way I like it..
- Serve with pasta of your choice or on a hero/sub roll..
In a medium bowl, pour egg white liquid. In another medium bowl, whisk together panko bread crumbs, garlic powder, and Italian. All Reviews for Slow Cooker Eggplant Parmesan. Slow Cooker Eggplant Parmesan. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Recipe: Slow-Cooker Eggplant Parmesan When in doubt, leave dinner to your slow cooker during busy weeks.