You can cook Eggplant Parmesan using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Eggplant Parmesan
- You need of 800 ml crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare of 800 ml diced tomatoes.
- Prepare of eggplants.
- Prepare of garlic powder.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of black pepper.
- It’s of egg.
- It’s of milk.
- Prepare of onion, chopped.
- You need of bread crums.
- You need of flour.
- You need of mozzarella cheese.
- It’s of parmigiano cheese.
- You need of fresh parsley.
Eggplant Parmesan instructions
- Bring crushed and diced tomatoes to a boil and add 1 tablespoon salt, garlic powder and pepper. Stir in half of the fresh parsley and the whole onion, reduce heat and thicken sauce over 35 minutes.
- Slice eggplant into 1/4 inch thick pieces.
- Combine egg and milk into a bowl and mix well.
- Combine bread crums, flour and remaining salt, garlic powder and pepper into a bowl and mix well.
- Bring veg oil to medium/medium high heat in large sauce or frying pan.
- Dredge eggplant in egg wash mix and then into bread Crum mix and fry in veg oil. About 35 seconds each side until golden.
- Ladle some tomatoe sauce into an oven safe glass or tin dish( something used for lasagna or cake). And layer eggplant then sauce, mozzarella, parmigiano and repeat. ( should make 3 to 4 layers depending).
- Lastly top it off with the remaining mozzarella, parmigiano and fresh parsley. Add more cheese if desired. And bake in the oven at 350 for 15 minutes or until golden on top.