Eggplant parmesan. Eggplant parmesan is one of those great Italian comfort foods—a layered casserole much like lasagna but with slices of globe eggplant taking the place of pasta. Eggplant parmesan will always be one of my top favorite comfort foods. There is something about the dish that feels like it's giving you a giant hug.
The slices are layered with spaghetti sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. This Italian-style eggplant Parmesan recipe is lighter than most—it's made with roasted eggplant slices (not fried) and no breading. One bite of Eggplant Parmesan and you'll be sold. You can have Eggplant parmesan using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Eggplant parmesan
- You need of eggplant and breading.
- Prepare of aubergine.
- Prepare of eggs.
- You need of water.
- Prepare of finely grated Italian breadcrumbs.
- It’s of flour.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of cheeses.
- It’s of mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare of Parmigano-Reggiano cheese.
- It’s of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of sauce.
- Prepare of tomato sauce.
- Prepare of basil.
- It’s of whole leaf oregano.
- It’s of sugar.
- It’s of crushed red pepper.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s of oil to fry.
- It’s of vegetable oil.
- You need of olive oil, extra virgin.
To make legit eggplant parm, you'll need to fry eggplant. And to yield the best results, you're going to want to let it sit for a bit with salt to draw out. This Baked Eggplant Parmesan recipe is lightened up a bit with baked (instead of fried) panko-crusted roasted eggplant, and layered up with a zesty combination of marinara, cheeses and fresh herbs. What does eggplant parmesan taste like?
Eggplant parmesan instructions
- Preheat oven 375° Fahrenheit.
- Mix your ingredients to sauce heat let simmer covered 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Peel and slice the eggplant about half an inch or 13 mm thick salt put into a zip lock bag add flour and shake till completely coated.
- Beat the eggs add quarter cup water mix well put into a large bowl dip the aburgine coated with flour into eggwash then have breadcrumbs in a plate and shake excess eggwash off coat with bread crumbs.
- Mix the oils together heat to fry when hot add the breadcrumb coated aubergine and fry till golden brown.
- When done about 3 minutes per side add to a pan add sauce the parmesan cheese add slice of mozzarella cheese on top of each pice of aubergine.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes when its done sprinkle with Parmigano-Reggiano cheese.
- Serve hope you enjoy.
Eggplant parmesan tastes very similar to regular chicken parmesan. In something like eggplant parmesan, the eggplant flavor itself isn't even really tasted. Eggplant Parmesan is a delicious classic Italian favorite! Tender eggplant is breaded in crispy breadcrumbs, then laid in a delicious bed of marinara sauce, topped with parmesan cheese. Eggplant Parmesan – A classic Italian baked Eggplant Parmesan prepared with eggplants, tomato sauce, and cheese!