Eggplant and Meatball Lasagna.
You can have Eggplant and Meatball Lasagna using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Eggplant and Meatball Lasagna
- It’s of Eggplant pasta replacement.
- Prepare of medium sized aubergine/ eggplants.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare of Meatballs and sauce.
- Prepare of beef meatballs.
- You need of Mids Italian sausage pasta sauce.
- Prepare of water to get and use all the sauce out of jar.
- Prepare of concentrated tomato paste.
- It’s of pesto see my recipe walnut pesto.
- Prepare of ground sirloin.
- You need of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of ground white pepper.
- Prepare of Cheese.
- You need of extra sharp cheddar cheese shredded divided.
Eggplant and Meatball Lasagna step by step
- Peel the eggplant and cut one side to make flat surface. This will stabilize your eggplant when you slice it. Slice the eggplant thinly..
- Now salt the eggplant slices on both sides set in a bowl to drain the liquids. Doing this take all or most of the bitterness out of the eggplant slices. After an hour drain the liquids off and they are ready to use. The last picture on this step is the bitter liquids pulled out by the salt. I had about 1/2 cup total, on second draining..
- Cut the meatballs in half set aside. I usually keep meatballs in my freezer. See any of my recipes for meatballs. Shred the cheese, and set aside. When you pour the Mid's sauce in add a little water to the jar to get the rest out of jar..
- Preheat oven to 400°Fahrenheit heat the meatballs in a good sized pan. When browned remove and set aside. Add the Mids Italian sausage sauce to the pan then put in the ground sirloin. Bring to a simmer 20 minutes and stir in the tomato paste. Add the parmesan cheese. Stir in well..
- Add the olive oil to the eggplant. Cook on a cooking surface. Turn as needed. In a baking pan add some of the eggplant. I used a spring form pan..
- Add some of the meatballs cut side down. Cover the meatballs with half the sauce. Now add the pesto on top of sauce..
- Repeat the the same layers except you shouldn't have pesto on second layer. Add the shredded cheese on top. Put into the oven for 45 minutes..
- Take out of oven and let rest 15 minutes. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!!.