Crockpot Eggplant 🍆Caponata. Find this Pin and more on crockpot, dinner by Sue Garner. Serve this slow cooker caponata warm or cold with crusty bread slices and an Italian wine for the perfect summer starter. Crockpot Caponata Crockpot Caponata Crockpot Caponata.
This caponata has every element of the traditional Sicilian dish, but the way it's cooked is a departure from the classic recipe. I must admit that I'm not fond of what happens to eggplants if you simmer them in a sauce for too long. Eggplant tastes great grilled, stewed, baked, stir-fried, or crockpotted. You can cook Crockpot Eggplant 🍆Caponata using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Eggplant 🍆Caponata
- It’s of eggplants, peeled, cut into chunks.
- Prepare of onions, sliced.
- Prepare of garlic, minced.
- It’s of condensed cream of mushroom soup.
- Prepare of condensed tomato soup.
- Prepare of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare of heaping tablespoons stuffed spanish olives(with some juice from the olive jar).
- Prepare of oregano.
- Prepare of black pepper.
- It’s of crushed red pepper.
- It’s of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s of tomato paste.
- It’s of Parmesan cheese.
This is my favorite way to eat it—loaded with pasta sauce and cheese. Although I am calling this eggplant parmesan, there isn't actually any parmesan cheese at all—unless you sprinkle some on the top before eating. This Eggplant Caponata is a delicious Italian relish made with eggplant, onions, garlic, tomatoes, pine nuts, olives, raisins, capers, and parsley. The only constants in caponata are eggplants, onions, olive oil, vinegar, and some sort of tomato product, either tomato sauce or fresh tomatoes or both.
Crockpot Eggplant 🍆Caponata step by step
- Place your peeled and cut up eggplant and sliced onions inside a crockpot…….
- Now add your minced garlic……
- Next add your cream of mushroom soup, tomato soup and diced tomatoes, mix lightly…….
- Now add your spanish olives, oregano and black pepper, mix lightly…….
- Next add the crushed red pepper,balsamic vinegar and tomato paste, mix all well…..
- Cook on Low for 8 hours, stirring lightly once every 2 hours if possible, if you can’t, don’t worry about it !!!! 😉.
- Serve over pasta of your choice topped with Parmesan cheese and enjoy 😉!!!.
Epic Eggplant Caponata- simple, easy and bursting with summer flavor! The flavor-boosting secret is in the grilling! Serve it as a healthy vegan appetizer Eggplant Caponata! In this eggplant caponata recipe, the traditional eggplant and tomato combination is spiked with olives, capers and chile peppers. Sicilian Eggplant Caponata. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.