Spicy Eggplant Pasta.
You can cook Spicy Eggplant Pasta using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy Eggplant Pasta
- You need of medium eggplants.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of olive oil, divided.
- You need of Freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s of medium onion, chopped.
- You need of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of chopped plum tomatoes or one 14 oz can crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare of fresh oregano or 1/2 tsp dry oregano.
- Prepare of red pepper flakes, plus extra for finishing.
- It’s of fresh, chopped basil, plus extra for finishing.
- You need of linguine pasta.
- It’s of Parmesan cheese to top.
Spicy Eggplant Pasta instructions
- Cut the eggplants crosswise, into 1 inch thick slices. Lay the slices on a baking sheet, salt them well on both sides, and set aside for half an hour or so.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly coat two tablespoons of olive oil over the eggplant, tossing the slices to coat them. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. Arrange them in a single layer on the baking sheet and roast them until they're tender and browning, about 20 minutes..
- While the eggplant roasts, heat remaining tablespoon of the olive oil on low heat in a large saucepan. Add the onions and the minced garlic and sauté them until onions are soft (8 to 10 minutes). Add the tomatoes, oregano, pepper flakes, and basil. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, till the sauce has thickened up, about 10 to 12 minutes. When the eggplant is ready, remove it from the oven, chop it into 1 inch pieces, and add it to the sauce. Continue to simmer gently on very low heat..
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain the pasta and gently fold in the sauce. Top the pasta with additional chopped basil and red pepper flakes to taste. Serve..