Eggplant casserole. Hearty eggplant casserole can easily serve as a filling meatless entree. If you like eggplant, I think you will love this cheesy eggplant casserole. Reviews for: Photos of Eggplant Parmesan Casserole.
Add some eggplant and you've got an insanely good combo. Eggplant whether used in a vegetarian casserole or one containing meat, often veal, it is a delicious main course dish. This page contains eggplant casserole recipes. You can have Eggplant casserole using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Eggplant casserole
- You need of large eggplants, sliced into 1/2 inch slices.
- It’s of tomato sauce.
- It’s of olive oil.
- Prepare of heavy cream or cream frachie.
- You need of chives.
- Prepare of parsley.
- It’s of thyme leaves.
- It’s of Black pepper and salt.
- It’s of Parmesan cheese shredded.
This healthy eggplant casserole screams summer but… it doesn't matter if it's not actually summer in your part of the world pointing the finger at myself. In that case, the oven will warm up your freezing. The Best Vegan Eggplant Casserole Recipes on Yummly Eggplant Casserole, Eggplant Casserole, Creamy Creole Eggplant Casserole.
Eggplant casserole step by step
- Turn the broiler on. Slice eggplant , soak in the salty water for a 1/2 hour. Season eggplant slices with salt and pepper and lightly brush with olive oil, then put into oven. Pay attention, you will turn them over cook until golden on both sides. Set aside..
- Set the oven to 375F/190C. Place creme fraiche (or heavy cream) in a small saucepan over low heat, bring to a simmer and let reduce to half. Stir in half of the grated parmesan and all of the chopped herbs. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and set aside..
- Lightly grease a 9-inch casserole dish or gratin pan. Cover the bottom of the baking dish with some tomato sauce and arrange eggplant slices on top to form a uniform layer. Cover the eggplant with some tomato sauce and some Parmesan cheese. Repeat to make 3 layers, making sure to end with a layer of tomato sauce.
- Ladle over the reduced creme fraiche and sprinkle on a final layer of Parmesan cheese. Bake uncovered in the oven for about 30 minutes, until browned and bubblin.
- Cook about 25 minutes. Then set the broiler again , to give the finish color about 5 minutes.
Than this Eggplant Casserole is for you! OK, that sounded like a cheap soap commercial. The first recipe I want to introduce to you is Eggplant Casserole, also known as Tepsi Beitinijan, in Arabic. When I was a little girl, I used to love the eggplant casserole at Luby's Cafeteria. It's topped with cheese and baked until bubbling hot.