Angel Hair Filled Roasted Eggplant. Toss the angel hair with the eggplant mixture. Add the mozzarella and Parmesan and toss to combine. Spoon the pasta mixture into the pan.
Toss the angel hair with the eggplant mixture. Add the mozzarella and Parmesan and toss to combine. Spoon the pasta mixture into the pan. You can cook Angel Hair Filled Roasted Eggplant using 30 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Angel Hair Filled Roasted Eggplant
- Prepare of FOR EGGPLANT.
- You need of eggplant halfed or 4 medium eggplant, peeled and the eggplant pulp scooped out with a melon baller to make a boat shape with sturdy sides and bottom. Reserve pulp..
- Prepare of olive oil mixed with 1 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese and 1/4 teapoon red pepper flakes. This is for brushing eggplant before roasting..
- It’s of cooked angel hair pasta, drained.
- It’s of olive oil.
- Prepare of butter.
- You need of reserved eggplant pulp, chopped.
- Prepare of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of onion, chopped.
- Prepare of chicken broth.
- You need of heavy cream.
- It’s of lemon juice.
- It’s of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare of black pepper and salt to taste.
- Prepare of mixed shredded cheese, I used a blend of italian four cheese and sharp cheddar.
- You need of FOR SIMPLE TOMATO SAUCE.
- Prepare of pepperoni slices.
- It’s of minced cloves garlic.
- It’s of onion, chopped.
- You need of red pepper flales.
- You need of 28 ounce crushed italian tomatoes.
- Prepare of 15 ounce can diced tomatoes.
- Prepare of heavy cream.
- Prepare of italian seasoning.
- It’s of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of FOR TOPPING.
- You need of mixed shredded cheese, I used italian four cheese blemd and sharp cheddar.
- It’s of chopped green onions.
- Prepare of italian seasoning blend.
- It’s of reserved cooked pepperoni.
Place the second pastry sheet atop the pasta filling. Pinch the edges of the pastry sheets together to seal. After having delicious eggplant rollatini at a restaurant, I decided that I HAD to learn how to make it. Here is what I came up with.
Angel Hair Filled Roasted Eggplant step by step
- MAKE SIMPLE TOMATO SAUCE.
- In a saucepan add pepperoni and crisp up and render fat, remove and reserve for later..
- Add onion and garlic to saucepan and soften, add red pepper flakes, black pepper, italian seasoning and salt to taste. Add crushed tomatoes, diced tomatos, cream and simmer 30 minutes, add parmesan cheese and heat through..
- ROAST EGGPANT SHELLS.
- Preheat oven to 425, line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non stick spray.
- Brush eggpants all over with seasoned olive oil mixture, roast on prepared pan until tender but still holding its shape, about 20 minites depending on size of eggplant..
- PREPARE ANGLE HAIR PASTA SAUCE.
- In a skillet heat olive oil and butter, add eggplant pulp and cook until golden add onion and garlic, soften add broth and cream and lemon and seasonings add cooked angel hair pasta and cheese, remove from heat and mix well..
- ASSEMBLE AND FINAL ROASTING OF EGGPLANT.
- Fill each eggplant shell with angel hair mixture evenly. Combine shredded topping cheese with the green onions and italian seasoning mix well and divide evenly over pasta stuffed eggplanr. Top with reserved pepperoni..
- Put back into the preheated 425 oven just until hot and cheese melts, 10 to 15 minutes..
- Serve with the tomato sauce..
- This is good as a combination vegetable / pasta side or all on its own with a salad..
Eggplant slices are rolled around ricotta and prosciutto and served with angel hair pasta. Eggplant Pomodoro With Angel Hair PastaNew South Food Co. Place eggplant slices and pepper strips in a grill basket (or place vegetables on a sheet of heavy duty * You can roast the vegetables if you prefer. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Eggplant Involtini – Roasted sliced eggplant rolled around a ricotta filling with lemon honey and breadcrumbs and baked in pasta sauce.