Romano Eggplant Fries. Try this Oven Fried Eggplant Romano recipe, or contribute your own. Eggplant is done when crisply browned outside and tender when tested with a two-tined fork. This quick and easy fried eggplant Parmesan recipe gives a twist on the classic Italian dish with eggplant Nutritional Information.
This Italian Fried Eggplant Recipe is absolutely delicious without using bread crumbs! Some Fried Eggplant recipes are dry and with a hard texture. But, this recipe is moist and melts in your mouth! You can have Romano Eggplant Fries using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Romano Eggplant Fries
- You need of eggplant-washed, cut in half and then cut again into 1/2" thick strips lengthwise.
- You need of panko breadcrumbs (or regular breadcrumbs).
- It’s of freshly grated romano cheese (or parmesan cheese).
- It’s of red pepper flakes.
- It’s of garlic powder.
- It’s of parsely flakes.
- Prepare of salt & pepper.
- Prepare of eggs.
- You need of buttermilk (or regular milk).
Crispy on the outside but soft on the inside, these fries are a game changer. Serve as you would french-fried potatoes. The eggplant is soft and rich; the tomatoes, juicy and sweet; and the Romano beans, which look Put eggplant in a colander. Eggplant Parmesan is a delicious eggplant recipe.
Romano Eggplant Fries step by step
- Preheat oven to 450°..
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with either parchment paper or foil. Set aside..
- Wash and cut eggplant (you can peel it at this point but I personally prefer the skin on) in half. Cut again into 1/2" strips lengthwise..
- Mix breadcrumbs with romano cheese and seasonings in a medium sized bowl..
- In another bowl add buttermilk and eggs. Whisk until well combined..
- Roll the eggplant strips in the buttermilk mixture then into the breadcrumb mixture. Coat well..
- Place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned..
- Garnish with an extra sprinkle of romano cheese and serve with your favorite marinara sauce (I loveee Barilla's marinara sauce…yum!) or ranch dressing on the side. Enjoy!.
This Eggplant Parmesan Recipe makes a delicious dish consisting of aubergine eggplants, tomato based sauce, and cheese. Moroccan Fried Eggplant is usually eaten as a finger food. Thin eggplant slices are dipped in batter seasoned with cumin, salt, and pepper, and then pan fried. Once all of the eggplant has been fried, get a rectangular baking pan and start the layering by Top off with sauce, mozzarella, and grated Romano. Fried Eggplant is one of the most versatile recipes.