Manicotti with eggplant sauce. Spoon eggplant sauce over manicotti; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Eggplant especially, as I feel that I grow it only to look at because I cant seem to find recipes my family likes made with eggplant. With our Eggplant Manicotti Italian is back on the menu and better than ever packing all the flavor and none of the carbs!
Fill manicotti shells with roasted eggplant and spinach tofu and you've got a great vegan Italian meal to serve your family. Fill manicotti shells with eggplant mixture and arrange in the baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over manicotti and sprinkle with cheese. You can cook Manicotti with eggplant sauce using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Manicotti with eggplant sauce
- It’s of eggplant.
- Prepare of chopped onion.
- You need of garlic cloved, minced.
- Prepare of dried taragon.
- It’s of dried thyme.
- You need of (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained.
- It’s of (8 ounces) tomato sauce.
- You need of (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained.
- It’s of ricotta cheese.
- Prepare of (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozarella cheese, divided.
- You need of egg subtitute.
- It’s of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s of minced fresh parsley.
- You need of manicotti shells, cooked, rinsed and drained.
For manicotti: Place ricotta cheese in strainer set over large bowl. Arrange eggplant manicotti in single layer atop sauce. Lay slices on a paper towel and sprinkle salt on them to Remove manicotti from pan onto serving dish. SAUCE: Put pan of tomato sauce on stove and add heavy cream until the sauce is pink.
Manicotti with eggplant sauce instructions
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir the eggplant, onion, garlic, tarragon, and thyme until vegetables are tender. add tomatoes and tomato sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes. Set aside..
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, ricotta, mozarella, egg subtitute, parmesan and parsley; mix well. Stuff into manicotti shells..
- Place in an 11-in.x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon eggplant sauce over manicotti; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Cover and bake 350°F for 25-30 mins or until heated through..
Baked Eggplant Manicotti is a perfect vegetarian, gluten-free dinner main for the baked pasta lovers in your life. Pat eggplant slices dry with paper towels and transfer eggplant to a large baking sheet. Learn how to make Eggplant Manicotti with Creamy Pesto Filling. Place eggplant slices, browned sides down, on a smooth. An extremely delicious Plant-Based Pasta recipe!