Moussaka, my version. How to make Moussaka ☺️ A Greek dish, it includes sliced potato baked in ground meat sauce with white sauce and cheese. Delicious and vegeterian moussaka my version are healthier then the traditional lebanese way coz they used to fry the eggplant. A Greek-inspired casserole with layers of fried eggplant, beef, and Bechamel.
Moussaka (/muːˈsɑːkə/, /ˌmuːsəˈkɑː/ or /ˌmuːsɑːˈkɑː/) is an eggplant- (aubergine) or potato-based dish, often including ground meat, in the Levant, Middle East, Greece, and Balkans. Besides, Maghmour is a low carb moussaka version and one of the few completely vegan moussaka dishes from the middle east and Mediterranean area. Moussaka is, as I understood it, this layered casserole dish made with ground meat. You can cook Moussaka, my version using 23 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Moussaka, my version
- Prepare of base.
- You need of eggplant, aubergine.
- It’s of ground meat, lamb, pork, or beef.
- Prepare of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare of onion chopped.
- Prepare of bulk sausage.
- It’s of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare of ground allspice.
- You need of minced garlic.
- You need of tomato paste.
- It’s of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need of ground black pepper.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of eggs beaten.
- Prepare of topping sauce.
- Prepare of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of eggs.
- It’s of coconut milk.
- It’s of baking powder.
- You need of butter.
- Prepare of ground nutmeg.
Maghmour is a thick, smoky eggplant and chickpea version of moussaka from Lebanon. A good moussaka, a baked casserole of eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, and minced lamb or beef under a lush layer of creamy béchamel, is a fabulous thing. Moussaka (along with EVERYTHING else!) is one of my most favorite. I hope you enjoy my version Moussaka My Way.
Moussaka, my version step by step
- Preheat oven 400°Fahrenheit.
- Peel the eggplant. Cut the eggplant into quarters long ways. Take a vegetable peeler and slice the eggplant thinly. About an eighth of an inch thick.
- Oil the eggplant slices. Add salt. Bake in oven till done. I did mine ith the pan I was going to bake the moussaka in..
- When eggplant is soft. Set aside. Mix the cheese and egg together. Lower heat on oven to 350° Fahrenheit..
- In a pan add sausage and ground meat. Add onions, cinnamon, allspice, garlic,tomato paste, salt and pepper. When the mixture is browned add diced tomatoes. Simmer 15 minutes. Let cool 20 minutes add beaten egg mixture. Then mix well..
- Add meat, egg and cheese mixture to the top of eggplant. Set aside..
- Mix eggs, nutmeg, and coconut milk together set aside.
- In a saucepan add butter and melt. Mix nutmeg and baking powder with parmesan cheese. Add it to butter stirring constantly. Add milk, egg mixture still stirring constantly. Till it thickens add to top of the tomato meat mixture..
- Bake in oven 45 minutes. Let cool, this is important, 20 minutes or when you cut into it and serve it will slide. Once it cools it won't do the slide. Even reheated it won't. I refrigerated overnight. Serve hope you enjoy!.
Eggplant Moussaka originates from the Mediterranean region of the globe, but most commonly hails from Greece. There are many recipes out there on how to do a quicker version. La version la plus connue de la moussaka est grecque. Elle se compose de couches superposées d'aubergines, de tomates, et de viande hachée. See more ideas about Moussaka recipe, Moussaka, Recipes.