Tomato Pie Batch 3. Fresh chopped tomatoes, basil and onions, topped with mixture of shredded cheese and mayonnaise, baked in a pie shell. Here's one of the best loved recipes on the site—tomato pie! Perfect at the peak of summer tomato season.
I'll make a big batch of our favorite homemade salsa and I usually end up canning tomatoes and making this amazing tomato pie! Tomato Pie: Using roasted tomatoes: a savory pie, southern style. Combine topping ingredients, and spread over the top of the pie. You can cook Tomato Pie Batch 3 using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tomato Pie Batch 3
- Prepare of Pie.
- It’s 5 of large vine ripened tomatoes.
- You need 1 cup of caramelized onions see my recipe.
- You need 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar.
- You need As needed of salt.
- You need As needed of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of Crust.
- You need 2-1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of granulated onion powder.
- You need 1 stick of butter grated.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of warm water.
- It’s of Toppings.
- Prepare 8 ounces of swiss cheese sliced.
- You need 3 ounces of gouda cheese.
- You need 1 cup of sliced black ripened olives.
Sprinkle the top with freshly-ground pepper and a decorative pinch of paprika if you like. Ripe summer tomatoes are naturally very juicy, making them great candidates for tomato sauce but not so ideal for a pie. But after making many tomato pies, we've come up with the very best ways to combat the moisture and prevent a soggy crust. Three Ingredient Creamy Tomato Shells – this trick will make your pasta sauces creamy, velvety, and nutritious with no butter or cream!
Tomato Pie Batch 3 step by step
- Grat the butter. Add the flour to a bowl add the garlic and onion powder. Preheat oven to 400°Fahrenheit..
- Mash the butter into the flour. Should look kinda like sand. Add warm water and stir in well..
- Add the dough to an oven safe pan. Push down covering the bottom. If sticky and clinging to your fingers wet your hands and continue to press it in. Bake in ove 15-20 minutes. Add tomato slices on top. Season with salt and pepper..
- Add caramelized onions randomly. Add swiss cheese slices on top..
- Put gouda in chunks in bare spots. Add to oven for 20 minutes. Take out of oven add olives and put into oven for 45 minutes..
- It's ready. Cut and serve I hope you enjoy!! Oh did I mention it is vegetarian?.
The beauty of such a blank canvas of deliciousness is that it can just become what you want it to be. A few notes: First, butter-brushed biscuit-crusted savory pie, where have you been my whole life? An idea: Want to slab pie this and serve it to a crowd? I agree, it would be brilliant. This Tomato Pie with Sausage recipe is rich and delicious and makes a meal that will definitely fill you up!