Eggplant meatballs with marinara. While the meatballs cook, warm the marinara sauce in a small saucepan. Remove the meatballs from the oven, sprinkle with a little extra parmesan and serve with the marinara sauce. Eggplant Meatballs in Marinara Sauce is actually a meat-free recipe that is vegetarian and gluten-free.
After being roasted in the oven, the eggplant takes on a meaty, hearty flavor that is an excellent foundation for "meatballs." Pair these meatballs with your favorite marinara sauce and I bet no one will even know the difference! Slow simmered marinara is made with roasted garlic and roasted eggplant with a splash of red wine for good measure. The roasted eggplant and roasted garlic cook into the sauce, melting Top some spaghetti with the marinara and meatballs and you're ready for your Lady and the Tramp moment. You can cook Eggplant meatballs with marinara using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Eggplant meatballs with marinara
- It’s of small eggplant.
- It’s of large egg lightly beaten.
- You need of cooked cannellini or navy beans (rinsed), smash with fork.
- It’s of large clove garlic finely chopped.
- It’s of finely chopped basil.
- Prepare of finely chopped parsley.
- It’s of finely grated Parmesan.
- It’s of Salt & pepper.
- It’s of panko breadcrumbs.
- You need of Olive oil.
- It’s of marinara (homemade or store bought.
Eggplant Meatballs in Marinara Sauce is actually a meat-free recipe that is vegetarian and gluten-free. This Eggplant Meatball recipe is made with roasted eggplant, creamy salty parmesan cheese, Italian breadcrumbs and fresh basil and parsley packed into a balls, and then lightly fried. Vegan Eggplant Meatball Marinara made with roasted eggplant and chickpeas. Served over my mushroom marinara and topped with vegan cheese.
Eggplant meatballs with marinara step by step
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place the eggplant on top. Use a fork to prick the eggplant 4 times, then place the eggplant in the oven and roast it until it has completely collapsed and a paring knife easily slips into the center, 40 to 50 minutes. Cool the eggplant 20 minutes. Leave the oven on..
- Slice the eggplant in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the flesh (discard the skin). Place the roasted eggplant in a medium bowl and stir in the egg and beans. Add the garlic, basil, parmesan, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and stir to combine, then mix in the breadcrumbs..
- Again, line the rimmed baking sheet with a clean sheet of foil and lightly mist it with spray. Shape the eggplant mixture into balls about the size of a golf ball (2 tablespoons per ball; you should get about 16). Place them on the prepared baking sheet and lightly mist the top of the balls with spray. Bake the eggplant balls until they are golden brown and firm, about 20 minutes..
- While the meatballs cook, warm the marinara sauce in a small saucepan. Remove the meatballs from the oven, sprinkle with a little extra parmesan and serve with the marinara sauce. Serve over pasta or not :).
Each time I attempted to make the "meatballs" with just eggplant and breadcrumbs, too mushy. Add a little oil to a pan on medium-high heat and cook the onions and garlic until they are deeply caramelized. Salvatore Denaro's luscious version of melanzane alla parmigiana (eggplant Parmesan) is a sort of oven-baked eggplant sandwich enclosing hard-cooked eggs, tomato sauce, mozzarella and lots of fresh, late-summer basil. Roasted Eggplant with Marinara Sauce is a very tasty eggplant dish that could be considered an eggplant sandwich, that even non-eggplant eaters seem to enjoy! Learn about Eggplant Hints, Tips, and Information.