Eggplant Parmesan. Eggplant parmesan is one of those great Italian comfort foods—a layered casserole much like lasagna but with slices of globe eggplant taking the place of pasta. Eggplant parmesan will always be one of my top favorite comfort foods. There is something about the dish that feels like it's giving you a giant hug.
The slices are layered with spaghetti sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. This Italian-style eggplant Parmesan recipe is lighter than most—it's made with roasted eggplant slices (not fried) and no breading. One bite of Eggplant Parmesan and you'll be sold. You can cook Eggplant Parmesan using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Eggplant Parmesan
- Prepare of medium eggplant.
- You need of unbleached all-purpose flour.
- You need of panko bread crumbs.
- It’s of vegan parmesan + more for serving.
- It’s of dried oregano (or 2 tsp fresh).
- You need of sea salt.
- You need of unsweetened plain almond milk (or other neutral milk).
- You need of cornstarch.
- It’s of Spaghetti.
- It’s of marinara sauce.
To make legit eggplant parm, you'll need to fry eggplant. And to yield the best results, you're going to want to let it sit for a bit with salt to draw out. This Baked Eggplant Parmesan recipe is lightened up a bit with baked (instead of fried) panko-crusted roasted eggplant, and layered up with a zesty combination of marinara, cheeses and fresh herbs. What does eggplant parmesan taste like?
Eggplant Parmesan step by step
- Slice eggplant into thin rounds slightly less than 1/2 inch thick, and sprinkle each side liberally with sea salt. Arrange in a circular pattern in a colander and place in the sink to draw out the bitter taste of the eggplant. After 15 min, rinse and arrange on a clean absorbent kitchen towel. Place something heavy on top to thoroughly dry for at least 10 minutes..
- Prepare your dipping stations by placing almond milk + cornstarch in one bowl; flour in another bowl; and bread crumbs + sea salt + oregano + vegan parmesan in another bowl..
- Once thoroughly dry, dip eggplant slices in flour, then almond milk mixture, then breadcrumbs. Arrange on the baking sheet and papaya in prebeated oven to bake for a total of 20-30 minutes at 400°F.
- While eggplant is browning in the oven, prepare marinara or any other sauce of choice.could also heat it on t aside. Boil spaghetti and drain.cook spaghetti with prepre marinara sauce.You may add garlic and other veggies if you like..
- Serve Hot… Spaghetti with eggplant Parmesan!! Garnish with fresh lettuce :).
Eggplant parmesan tastes very similar to regular chicken parmesan. In something like eggplant parmesan, the eggplant flavor itself isn't even really tasted. Eggplant Parmesan is a delicious classic Italian favorite! Tender eggplant is breaded in crispy breadcrumbs, then laid in a delicious bed of marinara sauce, topped with parmesan cheese. Eggplant Parmesan – A classic Italian baked Eggplant Parmesan prepared with eggplants, tomato sauce, and cheese!