Eggplant Parmesan. Eggplant parmesan is one of those great Italian comfort foods—a layered casserole much like lasagna but with slices of globe eggplant taking the place of pasta. Eggplant parmesan will always be one of my top favorite comfort foods. There is something about the dish that feels like it's giving you a giant hug.
The slices are layered with spaghetti sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. This Italian-style eggplant Parmesan recipe is lighter than most—it's made with roasted eggplant slices (not fried) and no breading. One bite of Eggplant Parmesan and you'll be sold. You can have Eggplant Parmesan using 18 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Eggplant Parmesan
- Prepare of EGGPLANT THE :.
- It’s of Eggplants : medium cut into thick rounds.
- Prepare of All Purpose floor :.
- Prepare of Eggs :.
- It’s of pepper Freshly ground.
- It’s of Milk Whole :.
- Prepare of Breadcrumbs :.
- Prepare of Oregano Dried :.
- It’s of Thyme leaves :.
- Prepare of Cheese parmesan provolone cheese : Shredded amounts of , grated about.
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
- Prepare of SAUCE THE :.
- Prepare of Onions : medium , cut into thin slices.
- Prepare of Tomatoes Whole :.
- Prepare of Garlic minced fine.
- You need of Salt for seasoning.
- Prepare of Red pepper flakes -.
- You need of Oil.
To make legit eggplant parm, you'll need to fry eggplant. And to yield the best results, you're going to want to let it sit for a bit with salt to draw out. This Baked Eggplant Parmesan recipe is lightened up a bit with baked (instead of fried) panko-crusted roasted eggplant, and layered up with a zesty combination of marinara, cheeses and fresh herbs. What does eggplant parmesan taste like?
Eggplant Parmesan step by step
- Begin by making the sauce. Saute the onion and garlic in the oil and season it with salt and red pepper flakees. Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Next add the canned tomatoes. With a wooden spoon break the whole tomatoes if any and continue to cook for another 10-15mins on medium heat.
- Season more if needed and let it cook for a few minutes and remove from the heat.
- With the sauce done, its time to get the eggplant prepped.
- Put the floor in a bowl and season it with salt and pepper. In another whisk the eggs and the milk and season it with salt and pepper.
- In a third bowl, combine the breadcrumbs along with the thyme, oregano and the salt and pepper. Dip each eggplant in the flour, shaking off any excess, next it goes into the egg mixture,.
- Finally dip it in the breadcrumbs making sure both sides are well coated. Repeat with all the eggplant slices.
- Pour enough oil in a large fry pan, and cook the egglant slices until they are golden brown on either sides. Drain the eggplant slices on paper towels.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Spoon 1/4 of the tomato sauce in a 9 by 13 baking dish. Top with a layer of the eggplant slices, its ok if the eggplant slices overlap. Sprinkle the cheese mixture on top. Spoon some more sauce and repeat it with.
- The eggplant slices and more cheese. Repeat if there are more eggplant slices, and the top layer needs to have enough cheese.
- Bake for 40mins until the cheese is bubbly. Serve hot!.
Eggplant parmesan tastes very similar to regular chicken parmesan. In something like eggplant parmesan, the eggplant flavor itself isn't even really tasted. Eggplant Parmesan is a delicious classic Italian favorite! Tender eggplant is breaded in crispy breadcrumbs, then laid in a delicious bed of marinara sauce, topped with parmesan cheese. Eggplant Parmesan – A classic Italian baked Eggplant Parmesan prepared with eggplants, tomato sauce, and cheese!