Aubergine parmigiana. This aubergine parmigiana recipe is a brilliant vegetarian alternative to a lasagne. If you're looking for an Italian meat-free recipe for your family that's tasty and quick to make, Gennaro has the answer with this delicious aubergine. Donal's aubergine parmigiana is so easy to make and tastes wonderful.
Aubergine parmigiana is a great appetiser or side dish. It also works really well for lunch, especially if served with a green salad. This aubergine parmigiana recipe makes a great vegetarian dinner, with layers of veg, tomato sauce and cheese. You can cook Aubergine parmigiana using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Aubergine parmigiana
- Prepare of large aubergine.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- It’s of garlic peeled and finely chopped.
- It’s of onion, peeled and finely chopped.
- It’s of dried oregano.
- It’s of tomato.
- It’s of seasalt and black pepper.
- You need of tabasco.
- Prepare of whitle wine vinegar.
- You need of basil.
- You need of Some cooking oul.
- You need of egg.
- You need of plain flour.
- It’s of Mozzarella (slice).
- It’s of Grated mozzarella.
- It’s of Grated Parmesan.
See more aubergine recipes at Tesco Real Food. This aubergine parmigiana recipe is simple, delicious and filled with incredible Italian flavour. I like mine topped with a sprinkling of panko breadcrumbs to add an extra crunch. Try this aubergine parmigiana recipe then try our healthier parmigiana and other aubergine recipes.
Aubergine parmigiana step by step
- Peel skin and cut up your aubergine. Fine slice aubergine’s skin then fry the skin on medium heat pan with a little bit of cooking oil..
- Heat up your saucepan and add some olive oil, add onion and cook it in law heat for 10-15 min. Add garlic, tabasco, splash of vinegar, salt and pepper and basil in stir well. Leave it aside.
- Dip your aubergine in beated egg then plain flour..
- Fry them in low heat cooking oil..
- Place your aubergine on small baking tray, add saucebase then mozzarella slice. Repeat for one more level..
- Sprinkle some grated Parmesan on top.
- I put some grated mozzarella on top too and put it in oven for 15 min med heat..
Aubergine parmigiana (aka melanzane alla parmigiana, or parmesan aubergine, for the sake of linguistic consistency) is that rare and glorious thing: Mediterranean stodge. Cut flesh into bite sized cubes. Hearty aubergine parmigiana is a real winner for the family. Visit the Waitrose website for more aubergine recipes and ideas. This will be saved to your scrapbook.