Aubergine Pirogue. Everyone knows that aubergines are delicious on the barbecue or in a curry or Branch out and try our unusual aubergine recipes from a veggie main of roasted aubergine with. Made with aubergines and packed full of spices, this Indian-style dish is the perfect go-to dinner for a Meat Free Monday. This aubergine parmigiana recipe makes a great vegetarian dinner, with layers of veg, tomato sauce and cheese.
Aubergine has a deliciously creamy texture when cooked properly. Learn how to prepare it and cook it in Aubergine is generally treated as a vegetable when it is cooked, though it's technically a fruit (a. A group of African men leave Senegal in a pirogue captained by a local fisherman to undertake the treacherous crossing of the Atlantic to Spain where they believe better lives and prospects are waiting. You can cook Aubergine Pirogue using 10 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Aubergine Pirogue
- You need of large aubergines, sliced lengthwise.
- You need of medium red bell pepper, finely chopped.
- It’s of medium yellow bell pepper, finely chopped.
- It’s of cooked rice.
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese, grated.
- It’s of small bunch of parsley, finely chopped.
- You need of small bunch of spring onion, finely chopped.
- You need of dried mint.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil.
A pirogue (/pɪˈroʊɡ/ or /ˈpiːroʊɡ/), also called a piragua or piraga, is any of various small boats, particularly dugouts and native canoes. Voir plus d'idées sur le thème Canoë, Bateaux, Pirogue. Find aubergine recipes for delicious vegetarian mains, meze, dips and more. We have everything from moussaka to baba ganoush and ratatouille.
Aubergine Pirogue step by step
- Slice and place aubergines in a colander. Then sprinkle salt over it and allow it to drain for 1 hour. Salt draws out excess moisture and the bitterness. After an hour rinse the eggplant under cold water to remove the excess salt and pat it dry..
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and add the eggplant slices. Allow to fry until golden and set aside..
- In a large bowl with cooked rice, add chopped bell peppers, herbs, cheese, and spices. Mix until combine well..
- In a tart mould set eggplant slices (overlap them a little, as you see in the photos)..
- Then cover base of the tart mould with eggplant slices too.
- Now spread rice mixture in the mould. With a spoon press down the rice. Place 3-4 eggplant slices on the top centre of the rice and fold up aubergine slices as you see in the photos..
- Place 3-4 eggplant slices on the top centre of the rice and fold up aubergine slices as you see in the photos.Put the mould in the oven and allow to bake for about 30 minutes..
- Then remove from the oven, let it to cool for 5 minutes and then turn the tin up side down..
- Cut the eggplant pirogue into the pieces and serve it with tortilla bread and garlic-yogurt mixture..
Enjoy aubergine when it is in season and at its best. Aubergine parmigiana is one of the most iconic Italian dishes. Aubergine parmigiana is a great appetiser or side dish. It also works really well for lunch, especially if served with a green salad. Aubergine histoire Composition de l'aubergine Bienfaits de l'aubergine Recettes à base L'aubergine a pour nom scientifique « Solanum melongena » et appartient à la famille des.