Sig's Roasted Eggplant and Tomato Snack.
You can cook Sig's Roasted Eggplant and Tomato Snack using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sig's Roasted Eggplant and Tomato Snack
- It’s of or two large aubergines( eggplants).
- You need of tomatoes on the vine, chopped.
- Prepare of pieces of sun-dried tomatoes, chopped.
- You need of salted anchovy chopped.
- You need of good pinch each of salt , fresh crushed black pepper and chilli powder.
- It’s of handful of parmesan shavings ( optional).
- You need of good olive oil.
- It’s of close cap mushrooms sliced.
- You need of tablespoon of melted butter.
- Prepare of of garlic chopped or crushed.
- Prepare of dried parsley.
- Prepare of of milk.
- It’s of of ordinary flour or cornstarch.
Sig's Roasted Eggplant and Tomato Snack step by step
- preheat oven medium heat.
- first cut you eggplant in half length ways cut it length ways until almost cut through and then short ways so that you left with little squares still attached to the skin sprinkle with salt and turn upside down on a plate for thirty minutes ..
- gently fry the sliced mushrooms in a little oil, set aside ..
- melt the butter and add the garlic , do not brown just soften., add the flour or starch and slowly add the milk until it has thickened.
- add the mushrooms to sauce and season.
- pat dry the aubergine and season with pepper and chilli powder.
- turn into baking dish and sprinkle well with the olive oil.
- push the tomatoes and the anchovies into the cuts at random.
- sprinkle with parmesan if using.
- put onto oven and bake for about 30 minutes until to the aubergine is nice and tender..
- you can use feta, Cheddar or goats cheese for extra flavour..
- serve hot with a crusty bread.