Vegetarian moussaka. This easy gluten-free and vegetarian moussaka from Eat Well for Less is the comfort food every veggie needs in their life. Although this Vegetarian Moussaka probably has very little to do with the authentic Greek dish — well, apart from the fact that it's made with layers of sliced eggplants that is — I think that it still deserves to. Moussaka (moo-sah-KAH) is perhaps the most widely recognized Greek dish.
The new year means January and that means pretty cold and. This Vegetarian Moussaka is a meatless version of the classic Greek dish. Traditionally, moussaka is made with meat as well as vegetables. You can cook Vegetarian moussaka using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian moussaka
- You need of Boiled Pasta.
- It’s of Zucchini cut in sliced.
- It’s of Eggplant cut in sliced.
- Prepare of Tomato cut in sliced.
- Prepare of For the red sauce:.
- Prepare of Tomato.
- Prepare of Oregano.
- Prepare of Cumin Seed.
- You need of Chopped Olives/Mushroom/ or both.
- It’s of Chopped Parsley/ Kale or Spinach.
- You need of Corn flour.
- It’s of Green Chilli finely chopped(no or less depending on taste).
- Prepare of Olive Oil.
- It’s of For the Béchamel sauce:.
- You need of whole milk.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- It’s of All purpose flour.
- You need of Parmesan cheese/ Mayonnaise.
- It’s of Salt and pepper As per taste.
It's actually a layered casserole dish, very similar to lasagna. If you've wondered how to make a vegetarian moussaka recipe, this is a great one to use. Filled with aubergines & lentils, as seen on Friday Night Feast. The Greek classic tastes as good made with vegetables as it does with the usual minced lamb.
Vegetarian moussaka instructions
- Baked sliced vegetable at 425 Fahrenheit till golden almost 7-10 mins.
- For red sauce: can use ready pasta sauce or tomato, but here I blend 3 tomatoes with Oregano, black pepper.
- Now heat 1 tsp oil, add cumin seeds, then roast olives for 3-4 mins and add tomato purée along with corn flour and chilles.
- Add spinach,salt and cook mix well and cook till thick like pasta sauce.
- For Bechamel Sauce: In pan take oil, add flour, salt and pepper mix well then add milk and cheese or mayo, whisk well on slow flame.
- Once it cook well and pretty much thick, off the flame. In baking tray spray it with oil then add pasta,layer of baked vegetables then tomato sauce and layered with bechmel.
- Again place some veggies and oregano and baked till golden brown at 425 F in oven..
This classic Greek dish is made with aubergines, potatoes Enter: Delicious Creamy Ricotta Vegetarian Moussaka with Extra Carbs or Vegetable Moussaka for. This basic recipe has an almost meaty flavor thanks to the inclusion of portobello mushrooms. Baklava with Honey and Cardamom Recipe. Vegetarian moussaka – a classic Greek dish made with aubergine and lentils in a rich tomatoey sauce. Rick Gallop, author of The G.