My luxury Moussaka. Keywords: moussaka, eggplant moussaka, moussaka recipe, authentic moussaka, eggplant SUBSCRIBE to my latest recipes (delivered Saturday mornings to your inbox) and get my simple. When you talk about family heirloom recipes, this is probably my family's most cherished and favourite. My dad made the best moussaka I've ever tasted.
Make this flavor-packed eggplant and chickpea vegan dinner meal with my quick how to video. Moussaka – Manu's version of a classic Greek dish made with layers of eggplant, zucchini, potatoes I was in Paris with my parents and we went out for dinner in the area of Saint-Germain-des-Prés, an. Moussaka by Greek chef Akis Petretzikis! You can have My luxury Moussaka using 25 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of My luxury Moussaka
- It’s of lamb mince.
- It’s of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare of onion (diced).
- Prepare of garlic cloves (minced).
- You need of tomato purée.
- It’s of aubergine (sliced).
- You need of large potatoes (peeled and sliced).
- Prepare of dried mint.
- You need of oregano.
- Prepare of plain flour.
- Prepare of bay leaf.
- You need of cinnamon stick.
- It’s of red wine.
- Prepare of fine sea salt.
- Prepare of For the sauce.
- It’s of butter.
- Prepare of plain flour.
- You need of milk.
- You need of grated Parmesan.
- Prepare of finely grated nutmeg.
- It’s of egg (lightly beaten).
- You need of To finish.
- It’s of large fresh tomato.
- You need of Paprika.
- It’s of Salt and black pepper.
Are you ready to try one of the most amazingly delicious dishes you have ever tasted?! Moussaka is one of the best known Greek dishes – a baked casserole It is likely that moussaka has Middle-Eastern origins, and it was introduced when the Arabs brought the eggplant to Greece. La moussaka è una ricetta greca che si prepara alternando diversi strati di melanzane fritte, carne La Moussaka è un piatto tipico della cucina greca, molto sostanzioso e appetitoso e ricco di. This Hairy Bikers' moussaka is a joy to behold, with cinnamon-spiced lamb mingling with aubergines and a delicious creamy sauce.
My luxury Moussaka step by step
- In a heavy based pan add lamb, onion, garlic, mint, oregano, bay leaf and cinnamon on high heat for approx 10 mins till brown and softened..
- Mean while place aubergine in a colinder and salt well leave to stand for 10 mins, rinse off then pat dry with kitchen towel place on a flat baking tray along with potato slices and brush liberally with olive oil. Bake at 190 turning occasionally until a nice golden colour then set aside.
- To the lamb mixture add plain flour, tinned tomatoes, red wine, tomato purée and salt bring to the simmer for 30 minutes, season to taste with plenty of black pepper then set aside..
- In a pan melt butter, stir in flour to make a roux. Add milk bit by bit whilst whisking then bring to a simmer once sauce begins to thicken add nutmeg and Parmesan simmer for a further 2 mins then set aside to cool. Once cooled stir in beaten egg..
- Add a layer of mince mixture into a casserole dish then layer of potatoes, then more mince more potatoes, mince again then layer of aubergines. Add bechamel sauce all over top. Finish with a thin layer of fresh tomatoes a sprinkle of parmesan and a sprinkle of paprika. Bake in oven at 160 for fan or 190 for 45 minutes until golden and bubbly 😊 don’t forget to remove bay leaf and cinnamon stick!.
Moussaka bring restaurant-quality Moussaka and other Greek food to your door, this Friday! 🇬🇷 Heat it up and enjoy it whenever. A Greek-inspired casserole with layers of fried eggplant, beef, and Bechamel. Moussaka (/muːˈsɑːkə/, /ˌmuːsəˈkɑː/ or /ˌmuːsɑːˈkɑː/) is an eggplant- (aubergine) or potato-based dish, often including ground meat, in the Levant, Middle East, Greece, and Balkans. Moussaka is a layered oven casserole dish made with vegetables and meat. The most well-known version of moussaka is made with layers of eggplant slices, cheese, and a meat sauce, topped with a.