Greek-Style Moussaka with Yogurt.
You can cook Greek-Style Moussaka with Yogurt using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Greek-Style Moussaka with Yogurt
- It’s of Eggplant.
- Prepare of Potatoes.
- It’s of (Meat sauce).
- It’s of Garlic (minced).
- It’s of Onions (minced).
- Prepare of Ground beef.
- You need of ☆Canned tomatoes.
- Prepare of ☆Parsley (minced).
- Prepare of ☆Oregano (dried).
- It’s of shakes ☆Cinnamon powder.
- Prepare of ☆Salt.
- Prepare of ☆Black pepper.
- Prepare of ☆Japanese Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- You need of (Yogurt sauce).
- You need of x 2 Plain yogurt (I used Activia brand).
- It’s of Egg.
- It’s of Parmesan cheese.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
Greek-Style Moussaka with Yogurt instructions
- Cut the eggplant including the skin into round slices about 1 cm thick. Preheat the oven to 190℃..
- Peel the potatoes, and cut into 5 mm thick round slices. Transfer into a heatproof dish, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave for 3 minutes..
- Making the meat sauce: Heat up a deep frying pan over medium heat, and add the olive oil. Sauté the garlic and onion until they become translucent..
- Add the ground beef, and fry over medium-high heat while stirring with a wooden spatula for about 4-5 minutes..
- Add in the ☆ ingredients, and mash the tomatoes with the wooden spatula. Add in the Step 1 potatoes, and simmer over medium heat to evaporate the liquid for about 10 minutes without a lid..
- In the mean time, pierce the eggplant slices with a fork. Cover with plastic wrap, and microwave for about 3 minutes until they become soft..
- Making the yogurt sauce: Add the plain yogurt, egg, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper into a bowl, and mix with a whisk..
- Taste the Step 5 meat sauce and adjust the flavour..
- Spread out the potatoes and 1/2 of the meat sauce in the heatproof dish so that the surface is flat. Arrange the Step 6 eggplant, and spread out the remaining meat sauce on top..
- Spread out the Step 7 yogurt sauce all over at the end, bake in the oven for about 30 minutes until it becomes golden brown..
- Cut into rectangle portions, serve, and enjoy..