Feta and Tomato Creased Phyllo Cheese Pie (Patsavouropita) 🙂. Creased Cheese Pie is a different Greek pie called Patsavouropita (pronounced. pah-tsah-vou-RHO-pee-ta), which is very easy to make and tastes amazing. This Greek pie is made by creasing each phyllo sheet and dipping it in a batter made with soda water, eggs and feta. Creased Cheese Pie is a different Greek pie called Patsavouropita (pronounced. pah-tsah-vou-RHO-pee-ta), which is very easy to make and tastes amazing.
These type of pies are called patsavouro-pites. So instead of placing each phyllo on top of each other, you just scrunch up the phyllo on the bottom of a pan, basically throwing the phyllo sheets on the baking dish like rags and. Easy Greek Cheese and herb pie. You can have Feta and Tomato Creased Phyllo Cheese Pie (Patsavouropita) 🙂 using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Feta and Tomato Creased Phyllo Cheese Pie (Patsavouropita) 🙂
- You need 1 package of Phyllo Sheets.
- It’s 1 of kilo Feta Cheese.
- Prepare 4 of Tomatoes chopped into cubes.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 3 of Eggs.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of Semolina.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Baking Soda.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- You need of Oregano (optional).
Easy, quick to make and light. You can't go wrong with feta and phyllo. #cheese #greekfood #mediterranean #feta #phyllo. Find this Pin and more on Mediterranean Diet Recipes by OliveTomato.com by Olive Tomato. Spinach, Feta & Sundried Tomato Phyllo Triangles.
Feta and Tomato Creased Phyllo Cheese Pie (Patsavouropita) 🙂 step by step
- Add eggs and salt into a bowl..
- Whisk eggs until light and fluffy..
- Add in the Semolina, baking soda and mix..
- Toss in the cheese, milk, pepper, oregano continue stirring the ingredients together..
- Have the tomatoes cubed..
- In a oil brushed baking pan, take one phyllo sheet and crease it to one side of the pan, continue to do this for 6 phyllo sheets..
- Add in 1 tablespoon of Olive oil, add cheese mixture and top with tomatoes. Continue with the next 6 sheets of Phyllo by creasing each sheet one next to the other. Add cheese mix and top with tomatoes..
- Continue until you have finished with the last creashed phyllo sheets..drizzle olive oil and just a few drops of water. Use a sharp knife to make a few small holes into the pie before popping it into a pre-heated oven. Bake at 180 degrees for 1 hour or until phyllo is golden brown. Kali Orexi!!!.
A delicious phyllo pie recipe made with spinach and feta cheese, spanakopita is a classic Greek favorite that can be an appetizer, side dish, or meal. Bake until the pie turns a deep golden brown. Taste Tiropita with feta cheese (Greek cheese pie) is a very popular Greek dish, that comes into a variety of shapes and sizes. It can be made either in large pan and cut into individual portions (pan-sized tiropita) or rolled into individual triangular servings (tiropitakia). These type of pies are called patsavouro-pites.