Vegetarian parmigiana. Make a batch of this Italian veggie classic to feed a crowd, or make two smaller dishes and freeze one. Our melanzane parmigiana is the perfect comfort food. I decided to make an #Aubergine #Parmigiana.
Get stuck into layers of slow-cooked tomato and aubergine – yum!! Vegetarian Eggplant Parmigiana recipe: Try this Vegetarian Eggplant Parmigiana recipe, or contribute your own. Eggplant parmigiana or eggplant Parmesan is one of the most popular and iconic vegetarian Italian dishes and this recipe is straight from Italy. You can cook Vegetarian parmigiana using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian parmigiana
- You need of Tomato sauce – I make mine from 2 tinned tomatoes or use passata.
- Prepare of aubergines.
- It’s of dry mozzarella.
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese grated.
This oven vegetarian tofu parmigiana is a meat free alternative to the classic Italian dish. All that being said, today's recipe for Tofu Parmigiana is just the sort to make a convert of even the most.. Valentine's Day Vegan Cookbooks Vegan Recipes Vegetarian Cookbooks Vegetarian. Quickies Raw Vegan Recipes Vegetarianism Glossary Restaurants The Basics Vegetarian Nutrition Xtras!
Vegetarian parmigiana instructions
- Cut the aubergines in thin strips – as much the same thickness as possible.
- Grill them under the grill – this step is essential to remove water from the aubergines. Following the classic recipe You should leave the slices with rock salt under a cloth for an hour allowing the water to escape ahead of cooking. I rarely have time for this step.
- In an oven dish with a tiny bit of oil at the bottom start by layering the aubergine so that it covers the bottom.
- Add 1/2 of the tomato sauce or passata on top covering the aubergines.
- Sprinkle some Parmesan and then the mozzarella.
- Repeat another layer and finish with tomato, Parmesan and some mozzarella.
- Cook in the oven for 20 min at 180-200 degrees depending on your oven.
Donal's aubergine parmigiana is so easy to make and tastes wonderful. It's simpler than a lasagne and lighter, too. Aubergine parmigiana is one of the most iconic Italian dishes. Aubergine parmigiana is a great appetiser or side dish. It also works really well for lunch, especially if served with a green salad.