Roasted Vegetable Lasagne. Roasted Vegetable Lasagna from Barefoot Contessa. The star of the show is this roasted vegetable lasagna — always a hit! One of the wonderful things about lasagna is being able to truly make it your own.
Drop spoonfuls of the ricotta mixture. Roasted vegetable lasagna was one of my most requested recipes when I was a personal chef. Roasted vegetable lasagna is so rich and comforting, you won't miss the meat! You can have Roasted Vegetable Lasagne using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roasted Vegetable Lasagne
- You need of large red onion.
- Prepare of garlic.
- Prepare of fresh thyme.
- It’s of fresh basil.
- It’s of coloured peppers.
- You need of medium aubergine.
- Prepare of large courgette.
- It’s of lasagne pasta.
- It’s of chopped tomatoes.
- You need of grated parmesan.
- Prepare of passata.
- Prepare of grated extra mature cheddar cheese.
- It’s of cottage cheese.
- It’s of whole milk.
- Prepare of mozzarella.
Roasted vegetable lasagna is one of those classics that will never go out of style. Roasted vegetables add tons of hearty flavor to this easy vegetarian lasagna made with jarred pasta sauce. Last year when we were in South Africa we went over to my mom's childhood friends home for a home cooked meal. Roasted Vegetable Lasagna is one of the most favourite dishes for dinner at my home.
Roasted Vegetable Lasagne instructions
- Half or quarter the peppers and slice the courgette and aubergine into half centimetre thick slices. Put on a baking tray, drizzle generously with vegetable oil and place into the oven at 190 degrees (170 fan). Remove from the oven when the peppers show signs of gentle scorching (blackness) on their edges.
- Chop the onion and finely chop the garlic. Add to a pan on a medium heat with vegetable oil and cook until the onions are softened.
- Strip the thyme leaves from the stalks and chop finely, add to the pan with the chopped tomatoes and passata. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer.
- Chop the roasted vegetables into cubes and add to the pan. Summer for 5 minutes.
- Finely chop the fresh basil, stir into the pan and turn off the heat.
- Blend the milk, cottage cheese and mozzarella together in a bowl to create béchamel sauce. (500ml of store bought béchamel will also suffice).
- Spoon the pan mix into a thin layer on the base of an oven dish, next add a layer of dry pasta, followed by a thin layer of béchamel sauce. Repeat this process twice more (or until all ingredients are used up depending on the size of the pan).
- Sprinkle all of the cheese over the top of the last layer of béchamel and place the dish into the oven at 180 degrees (160 fan) for 40 minutes. Keep checking the oven until the the surface of the lasagne is to your liking.
Packed with vegetables and goodness of ricotta or even paneer and durum wheat pasta. No one will miss the meat in this vegetable lasagna that's packed with sweet and mellow roasted squash. Roasted Vegetable Lasagna. "This recipe is a favorite of my vegetarian friends," writes Virginia Anthony of Jacksonville, Florida. "I lightened it by using egg substitute and. Fresh veggies, goat cheese and pesto add so much fabulous flavor to lasagna that you won't miss the meat! This Roasted Vegetable Lasagna is a vegetarian version of classic Italian lasagna.