Tomato basil pie. This delightful baked tomato, basil and cheese pie made with Original Bisquick® mix is ideal for a Summer brunch or a light dinner. MORE+ LESS This tomato pie recipe is a result of one of these encounters. It's a savory pie, not sweet, filled with fresh garden tomatoes, sprinkled with basil, and held together with a mixture of mayonnaise and. Закрыть.
View top rated Best tomato basil pie recipes with ratings and reviews. Slice tomatoes and place in unbaked pie crust. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste. You can have Tomato basil pie using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tomato basil pie
- You need 1 of frozen pie crust.
- You need 3 large of tomatoes sliced.
- You need 1/2 cup of mayonnaise or miracle whip.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped chives.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of chopped basil.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded mozarella.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of bread crumbs.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
A savory summertime Tomato Pie made by layering tomatoes slices, basil onion and a cheese spread into a pie crust and baking it until golden and bubbly. Rustic tomato autumn pie with freah basil on a silver tray over a sackcloth background Buckwheat Chia seed pizza crust with mushrooms, tomato, Basil and cheese. Reviews for: Photos of Tomato Basil Penne Pasta. Scatter half of the basil leaves on the tomatoes.
Tomato basil pie step by step
- Melt butter. Add a dash of the garlic powder and basil to the melted butter. Brush on frozen pie crust. Bake pie crust according to package or until slightly browned..
- Once pie crust is done, fill with tomato slices. Layer until pie crust is full. You may season each layer with salt and pepper to taste..
- In a bowl combine mayo, cheese, garlic powder, chives and basil. Once thouroughly mixed, spread mixture over the top of the tomatoes covering completely. Sprinkle the bread crumbs on top..
- Bake at 400 for 35-40 minutes. Let cool and set 10 mins. Enjoy..
Puff pastry is my best friend. It just always looks appealing and a little goes a long way. This recipe came to life last winter when I was desperate for a taste of tomatoes. Homemade roasted tomato basil soup with garlic, olive oil and caramelized onions. Delicious, flavorful and the best way to use up garden tomatoes!