Spaghetti & Meatballs with Chunky Veggie Tomato Sauce. Spaghetti (Italian: [spaˈɡetti]) is a long, thin, solid, cylindrical noodle pasta. It is a staple food of traditional Italian cuisine. Like other pasta, spaghetti is made of milled wheat and water and sometimes enriched with vitamins and minerals.
Spaghetti Napoli (спагетти по-неаполитански) — с томатным соусом, Spaghetti Bolognese (спагетти по-болоньски). These recipes provide the perfect toppings and complements for classic spaghetti noodles. Wait—there's more than just tomato sauce and meatballs? enPR: spəgĕtʹē, IPA(key): /spəˈɡɛti/. (US) IPA(key): [spəˈɡɛɾi]. You can have Spaghetti & Meatballs with Chunky Veggie Tomato Sauce using 24 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spaghetti & Meatballs with Chunky Veggie Tomato Sauce
- You need of onion.
- It’s of garlic.
- It’s of carrot.
- You need of green bell pepper.
- Prepare of small eggplant.
- Prepare of whole tomatoes (1 can = 400 g).
- You need of water.
- Prepare of splash white or red wine (optional).
- You need of dried oregano.
- Prepare of dried thyme.
- You need of fennel seeds.
- It’s of salt & pepper.
- Prepare of sugar, if needed.
- You need of *******.
- You need of Meatballs:.
- It’s of ground pork, beef or mix.
- You need of salt (or use 1-2 tsp shio-koji).
- Prepare of dry sage.
- You need of smoked or regular paprika.
- It’s of pepper.
- It’s of *******.
- It’s of Other:.
- It’s of servings pasta.
- You need of Parmesan & fresh parsley to garnish.
Rhymes: -ɛti. spaghetti (usually uncountable, plural spaghettis). A type of pasta made in the shape of long thin strings. A dish that has spaghetti as a main part of it, such as spaghetti bolognese. (informal) Any type of pasta. (informal). Spaghetti recipes from authentically Italian to quick and easy dinners.
Spaghetti & Meatballs with Chunky Veggie Tomato Sauce step by step
- If you have time, prepare the meatball mixture the night before (the salt/shio-koji will help tenderize the meat). If not, mix before you start cooking – Mix all the meatball ingredients in a bowl or tupperware..
- Finely mince the garlic and onion. Chop the eggplant, carrot, and bell pepper into small cubes..
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a sauce pan and saute the garlic and onion until onion is very soft. Add the other vegetables, herbs, and a pinch of salt & pepper. Saute for a couple of minutes..
- Add the cans of whole tomatoes, a splash of wine (optional) and about 1/2 can water (~150 ml). Bring the sauce to a boil..
- Turn to medium low and let the sauce simmer for about 15 minutes until it's the thickness you like. Taste and adjust salt and pepper. Add a teaspoon or two of sugar if the tomatoes are too acidic/tart..
- While the sauce is cooking, get the meatballs ready. Form the meatball mixture into about 16 meatballs..
- Heat a frying pan with a little bit of oil. Add the meatballs to the pan and fry the first side. (fry in batches depending on the size of your pan. You don't want to crowd them too much).
- When the first side is browned, flip the meatballs and brown the other sides..
- Remove from the frying pan when done. The insides will be cooked later in the sauce..
- Prepare a pot of boiling water for the pasta and toss the pasta in so it's cooking while you finish up the rest of the meatball sauce..
- When the sauce has been thickened and the pasta is in the pot, add the meatballs into the sauce. Cover with a lid and simmer it on low for about 5 minutes to finish cooking the insides of the meatballs..
- When the pasta is finished, dish it out onto plates and top with the meatball sauce. Garnish with grated parmesan cheese and a little parsley..
One of the most popular types of pasta, spaghetti is made from durum wheat and comes in medium-thin strands. Serve up a sensational spaghetti dish for dinner. Find dozens of ways to turn spaghetti into an exciting dinner, including creamy chicken spaghetti, spaghetti and meatballs, baked spaghetti, and more. -Spaghetti-ed: Past Tense -Spaghetti-ing: Present Participle. Spaghetti definition: Spaghetti is a type of pasta. It looks like long pieces of string and is usually served.