Summer Vegetable Salad.
You can cook Summer Vegetable Salad using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Summer Vegetable Salad
- It’s of Eggplants (slim Japanese type).
- It’s of Shishito peppers.
- Prepare of Cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare of Grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need of For the dressing:.
- Prepare of Extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s of ＊ Rice vinegar.
- It’s of ＊ Ground sesame seeds.
- You need of ＊ Sugar (white sugar).
- You need of ＊ Salt.
- Prepare of Seasoning for the vegetables:.
- You need of ◎ Soy sauce.
- Prepare of ◎ Mirin.
- It’s of ◎ Sugar (white sugar).
- It’s of ◎ Water.
Summer Vegetable Salad step by step
- Take the stem ends off the eggplants and cut into 2 cm thick slices. Put the eggplant slices into a bowl of water to get rid of any bitterness. Drain and pat dry..
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into half. Take the stem ends off the shishito peppers..
- Combine the ＊ ingredients, and add the olive oil little by little while mixing. (The dressing.).
- Combine the ◎ ingredients..
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil (not listed in the ingredient list) in a frying pan, and pan fry the eggplant and shishito pepper over medium heat until both sides are browned. See Hints..
- When a toothpick goes easily through a slice of eggplant, turn off the heat, add the flavoring ingredients from step 4, and turn the heat back on. Stir fry and mix until there's almost no moisture left in the pan..
- Put the cooked vegetables in a bowl and mix with grated Parmesan cheese while still piping hot. Add the dressing too, and mix..
- Let it cool down a bit, then add the tomatoes. Chill in the refrigerator. Done!.
- Serve chilled until ice cold..
- This is delicious with kabocha squash or okra instead of the shishito pepper..