Our Vegetable Lasagne.
You can cook Our Vegetable Lasagne using 21 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Our Vegetable Lasagne
- You need of Canola or other neutral oil.
- It’s of large Red Onions.
- Prepare of minced garlic.
- Prepare of minced up basil.
- Prepare of large Portabello mushrooms.
- Prepare of yellow bell peppers,chargrilled, desseded,skin removed, sliced.
- You need of can of Kidney Beans.
- Prepare of Can of crushed tomatoes.
- You need of Eggplants (Aubergines).
- Prepare of sundried tomatoes.
- You need of salt.
- You need of black pepper.
- You need of butter.
- It’s of heaped, plain (all purpose) flour.
- Prepare of skim milk.
- It’s of ricotta cheese.
- It’s of parmesan cheese.
- You need of salt (second measure).
- It’s of good cheddar cheese.
- It’s of parmesan cheese (second measure).
- You need of packet of fresh lasagne sheets.
Our Vegetable Lasagne step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C or Gas mark 4). Brush or spray a 17cm x 35cm ovenproof dish with oil..
- Next, chop the onion in half and then each half finely into half moons. put aside..
- Slice mushrooms and sundried tomatoes about a centimeter thick. put aside.
- Slice the eggplant (aubergine) into 1/2 inch thick rounds and place in boiling water in a saucepan for 90 seconds. remove and drain. put aside.
- In a large saute pan, put the oil in and heat. then add the onion, garlic and basil paste and cook for 4 minutes..
- Add in the mushrooms and cook for a further 1 minute..
- Add the canned tomatoes, sliced bell peppers and drained, canned kidney beans. stir and cook on a medium heat for 13 minutes. the mixture will thicken. once cooked, put aside..
- To do the cheese sauce, place the butter in a saucepan until melted then stir in the flour and cook while stirring for 1 minute. remove from the heat and gradually stir in the milk. Return to the heat and stir constantly until the sauce begins to boil and thicken. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in the Ricotta cheese and the first measure of Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper..
- Dip the lasagne sheets if necessary in hot water to soften slightly and place some to form a layer on the bottom of the prepared tray. On top of these sheets place some spread out slices of aubergine, then scatter some sundried tomatoes around. top this with half of the mushroom /kidney bean/tomatoes mix, spreading out as evenly as possible, then spoon over a third of the cheese sauce. Put another layer of pasta on top of this and repeat seasoning as you go. Finish off with a layer of pasta sheets and then last third of the cheese sauce. Sprinkle over the cheddar and second measure ofParmesan and bake for 45 minutes or until pasta is soft..