Ratatouille. It was the eighth film produced by Pixar. In the hilarious new animated-adventure, Ratatouille, a rat named Remy dreams of becoming a great chef despite his family's wishes and the obvious problem of being a rat in a decidedly rodent-phobic.
You can have Ratatouille using 11 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ratatouille
- You need of eggplant (about 1 pound).
- It’s of small zucchini.
- Prepare of medium onion.
- It’s of medium bell peppers (use colors!).
- It’s of garlic.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- Prepare of thyme.
- Prepare of italian seasoning.
- It’s of red pepper flake.
- You need of Salt & pepper.
- You need of pasta sauce.
- Slice eggplant and place in single layer on paper towels.
- Salt each slice thoroughly.
- After several minutes, flip slices and salt top side again.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet.
- Wipe liquid off slices and dice eggplant.
- Add eggplant to hot oil over medium heat.
- Dice onion and add to pan. Cook a few minutes.
- I like to use a variety of colored bell peppers (like red, orange and yellow) just to make it pretty. Use whatever you have.
- Dice peppers, add to pan and cook a few minutes.
- Dice zucchini, add to pan.
- Add seasoning.
- Mince garlic and add to pan.
- I use pasta sauce instead of fresh tomatoes because I don't like the skin and I usually have a jar of sauce open.
- Add sauce and cook til heated through.
- Adjust seasoning.
- If you make a large batch, you may have to cook the veggies in stages. Just add oil to the pan each time and divide the seasoning and sauce as evenly as you can.
- Serve warm or room temperature. I like to serve this with a garlic brown rice and quinoa medley..
- It is very filling, but if you feel you must have meat, a honey mustard chicken goes great with it.