Pan Roasted Ratatouille for 2.
You can cook Pan Roasted Ratatouille for 2 using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pan Roasted Ratatouille for 2
- Prepare of baby tomatoes.
- You need of medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces (any color is fine).
- You need of eggplant, cut into 1.5-inch cubes (peeled if Italian, peeling not necessary if Chinese or Japanese eggplants, which have a much more delicate peel) This is about 2 cups.
- You need of medium red, yellow or orange bell pepper, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- Prepare of garlic, minced (1/2 to 1 Tablespoon, depending on how garlicky you like your food).
- Prepare of chopped parsley.
- It’s of kosher salt to start.
- Prepare of black pepper.
Pan Roasted Ratatouille for 2 instructions
- In a large pan (10 or 12-inch) with 2 Tablespoons of olive oil in it, add all the tomatoes, onion, eggplant, and bell pepper, and spread it out in an even layer over the entire cooking surface..
- Put the pan on medium low heat, and let the veg roast, undisturbed, for about 12 minutes..
- Add another 2 Tablespoons of oil and stir the veg to redistribute back into an even layer over the entire cooking surface, making sure all of your eggplant pieces are touching the cooking surface. Let the veg roast undisturbed again for another 12 minutes or so..
- Add the garlic, parsley on top, and distribute the salt and pepper over the entire area of the ratatouille and gently and thoroughly fold into the veg mixture to ensure even seasoning throughout. Spreading the seasoning over the entire surface area of the ratatouille before folding it in helps to distribute it evenly and also prevents having to disturb the veg too much in order to get the seasoning incorporated..
- Let the rataouille pan roast another 5 minutes or so, and that's it! Enjoy! :).