You can have Tomato Pie using 13 ingredients and 23 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tomato Pie
- It’s 2 cups of Whole Wheat Flour..
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Butter,chilled and cubed.
- You need 1 Tsp of Salt..
- It’s 1/2 cup of Ice cold Water.
- Prepare 4 cups of Tomatoes,thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 1/2 Tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Mayonnaise..
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Fresh Lemon juice.
- It’s 1 Cup of Shredded Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 1/2 Cup of Sweet Corn.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Fresh basil finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Fresh chives.
- You need 1/4 Tsp of Freshly ground black Pepper.
Tomato Pie step by step
- Steps for preparing pie-crust:-.
- In the bowl add whole wheat flour and salt..
- Add chilled butter cubes to flour rub with fingers tips until mixture resembles bread crumbs..
- Mix well and slowly add chilled water to form a stiff dough..
- Wrap dough in cling wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes..
- After 30 minutes take out the dough from the refrigerator and roll dough into a circle on a lightly floured surface..
- Preheat oven at 220*C for 10 minutes..
- Fit rolled dough into a pie pan,pressing firmly against bottom and sides..
- Fill pastry with dried beans (this will keep the crust from bubbling up) and bake at 220*C for 20 minutes..
- Once done Cool completely on a wire rack for about 30 minutes..
- Steps for preparing pie filling:-.
- Place sliced tomatoes in a single layer on paper towel,sprinkle with 1 tsp of salt. Let stand 10 minutes..
- Whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice, and 3/4 cup cheese in a small bowl..
- Steps for assembling pie and baking:-.
- Preheat oven at 190*C for 10 minutes..
- Sprinkle 3/4 cup corn in bottom of crust, sprinkle with 1 Tbsp basil, 1 1/2 tsp chives, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp pepper..
- Pat dry sliced tomatoes with a paper towel..
- Arrange half of tomato slices over corn, overlapping slightly..
- Repeat layering with remaining corn,basil,chives, salt, and pepper.Now spread mayonnaise mixture over filling..
- Arrange remaining tomatoes over mayonnaise mixture, overlapping slightly..
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup parmesan cheese,chives and basil leaves over tomatoes..
- Bake at 190*C for 25-30 minutes or until filling is bubbly and cheese is melting..
- Let stand on a wire rack 15 minutes before cutting into wedges.