Ratatouille. It was the eighth film produced by Pixar. In the hilarious new animated-adventure, Ratatouille, a rat named Remy dreams of becoming a great chef despite his family's wishes and the obvious problem of being a rat in a decidedly rodent-phobic.
You can have Ratatouille using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ratatouille
- You need of sweet onion — diced 3/4 inch".
- It’s of garlic — chopped.
- It’s of olive oil.
- Prepare of of a red bell pepper — diced 3/4 inch".
- It’s of of a green bell pepper–diced 3/4 inch".
- You need of each white mushroom — quarter the mushrooms.
- It’s of of a eggplant – diced 3/4 inch"- then soaked in salt water.
- Prepare of plum tomato –diced 3/4 inch".
- You need of each zucchini squash — diced 3/4 inch".
- Prepare of of a yellow squash — diced 3/4 inch".
- You need of chicken stock.
- You need of oregano,dry.
- Prepare of crushed tomato.
- It’s of sugar (optional- this will depend on your taste).
- Prepare of fresh thyme — chopped- no stems.
- Prepare of fresh tarragon — chopped- no stems.
- You need of fresh basil — chopped- no stems.
- It’s of salt — to taste.
- Prepare of pepper.
- 1. Dice the eggplant and place in a bowl and add just enough water to cover and add 2 teaspoon salt and let soak for 20 minutes and the drain off. This will take away bitterness..
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil until translucent about 3-4 minutes in a large 4 quart sauce pan or dutch oven..
- 2. Add the peppers, mushrooms, eggplant, tomatoes and squash, dry oregano and sauté with a moderate heat for approximately 5 minutes..
- 3. Add stock and crushed tomatoes and sugar cook for 15 minutes or until tender not mush:).
- Add fresh herbs and seasonings..