Chicken tomato Pie. The first time I heard of it ("tomato pie", hmm, oooookaaaay) my brain suffered a little cognitive dissonance (never heard those two words, tomato. Delicious way to use leftover chicken, combining it with vegetables in a tomato broth and topping it all with mashed potatoes and cheese. Be the first to review this recipe.
And if you make it with steam it comes out. This savory Southern Tomato Pie is made with summer-ripe tomatoes, fresh basil leaves, and Easy Southern Tomato Pie. This post may contain affiliate links which won't change your price but will. You can cook Chicken tomato Pie using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken tomato Pie
- It’s 400 gram of puff pastry.
- You need 5 of chicken breasts (deboned, de-skinned and sliced).
- You need 8 of cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare 200 ml of Bolognese sauce.
- Prepare 50 ml of water.
- Prepare 1 of egg (beaten).
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- It’s 1 of onion (chopped).
- Prepare 2 bunch of basil (chopped).
- Prepare 1 bunch of coriander (chopped).
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
This Ham and Tomato Pie tastes like Spring! It is packed with fresh basil and ripe tomatoes. We both loved this Ham and Tomato Pie! It was quick and easy to make and it tasted great!
Chicken tomato Pie step by step
- Preheat an oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Take half a stick of butter and melt it in a deep saucepan..
- Add the chopped chicken, salt and pepper and cook the chicken until it's fully cooked..
- Add the basil, cherry tomatoes, water, and bolognese sauce to the chicken..
- On a medium to low heat, stir continuously adding in salt and pepper as desired..
- If the chicken pieces are too big, take a pair of scissors and start cutting those chicken pieces until they're small pieces.
- Lastly, add the corriander to the chicken.
- Once you're happy with the consistency, take the chicken off the heat and set aside..
- On a powdered surface, rollout the puff pastry and cut into same size rectangles.
- On each rectangle, put some of the pie filling on half of them..
- Fold over each rectangle to cover the filling and dab them closed with a fork.
- Egg wash the pies before adding to the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool a little before serving.
But what is a tomato pie exactly? Certain tomato pies, like the ones popular in Philadelphia bakeries, clearly trace their roots back to Sicily, where thick, rectangular pizzas were topped with chopped. A savory summertime Tomato Pie made by layering tomatoes slices, basil onion and a cheese spread into a pie crust and baking it until golden and bubbly. Sure enough, tomato pie is everywhere this summer. Next time, eighty-six the tomatoes and replace them with some shredded, poached chicken meat and sliced, hard-boiled egg.